iPhone 4 broken after 19 months - bringing action against O2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Button on the phone stopped working after 19 months, was on am 18 month contract with O2 and phone suppled under this. O2 washed their hands of it as outside Apple's warranty. Apple gave me a report stating the phone should be replaced and showed nothing more than minor cosmetic scratches. Numerous letters sent to O2, quoting Supply of Goods and Services Act etc various letters received back, one even stating the phone would be of satisfactory quality but only once repaired (the next line then said they would not pay to repair it). Eventually sent a Letter Before Claim, again received a reply completely ignoring legal points raised.

Looking to start a small claim next week, question is should I look to have a further inspection/report conducted of the phone to give an idea of why the button failed (and backup my assertion that it was faulty at time of purchase)? I would hope on the balance of probabilities it would be obvious a £400 phone shouldn't fail after only 19 months but not sure how this would be seen in court.

Also anyone had any experience with bringing a claim of this nature against O2?

Thanks

If you have a report from Apple this should be pretty simple - it is obviously their opinion that you have not done anything to the phone to cause the problem.

My thoughts exactly, the report also states no water damage. Just unsure whether that would be enough as I am aware that the onus is firmly on me to prove the goods were faulty

Remember you have a 2 year warranty under EU law so go and wipe the floor with them !!

While this may seem like a good thing, UK and European warranties mean very little as we have the Sale of Goods Act which covers goods for up to 6 years (dependant on certain factors)

Remember when you see, "This is in addition to your statutory rights."

No company has to offer a warranty. They do so to convince us that their goods are sturdy and are prepared to back it with a 12 month warranty. It's all smoke and mirrors

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 3 weeks later...
Well can't got into detail, but doesn't look like I'll need to continue the action any further

Would that be good news or bad news then? :-o

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thankyou.

I am assuming there was a confidentiality agreement attached to the good news so I won't pry