Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I have had some savings in another EU country which I have brought into the UK in cash in Euros. I went to the post office to change it into pounds. I then did not want to carry cash around any longer so thought I would open a savings account in the Post Office.


They said fine but I can only put a 1000 pounds into the account. They have then given me a receipt and told me that I will get the rest in the post.


I have now received a letter saying that I have to provide 2 proof of ID by post or by going into the local branch.This is fine I have the IDs and will go in tomorrow.


The only problem is, there is a question on the form, about the source of funds. I have nothing to hide as this is my own money, and was taxed in the country I have earnt it. However I took it out there and have brought it into the country in cash.


I am now wondering what to do and is there a risk I will lose the money?


Or will they investigate?


I don't mind if they do as I have not done anything, having said that I don't want the hassle and I want my money.


Please advise.


Many thanks



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...