Credit Card Charges / in court at the end of May

sohiab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a case booked on the 31st of May, they requested further information in relation to charges on the 4th April. Im claiming credit card charges and interest. They have not filed any additional paperwork.

Did you reply to their request?

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Yes, I responding by special delivery and have yet to recieve any further paper work. They needed the response by the 18th of April which they received.

I'm assuming i now have to prepare for a court case, as i have a court date of the 31st!

Any help with this as i have a court date on the 31st and it doesnt look like they are going to budge.

You need to provide a bit more detail in order for people to help you.

1. Who are you claiming against and is it a straight forward MCOL case and is the amount over or below £5k? By straight forward, I mean is it standalone or is it a counterclaim for a claim they have issued agianst you?

2. When did you originally make this claim and what were your particulars of claim? Moreover, what is the basis of your claim?

3. Do you have all the necessary statements to back up the amount you are claiming?

4. What info did they request? Was it a CPR 31.14 request and what did it say? Or was it requested during Allocation Questionnaire stage?

5. What did you send back?

6. I assume they acknowledged and defended the claim??? If they did, what was their defence?

7. Assume you then filled out your AQ and they did theirs? Correct?

8. Any further correspondance since then?

9. Plus any other useful info. e.g. is the CC account still open? Is it in arrears or not?

It will help others help you if you provide more detail than you have above.

I am not one of the experts on here but suugest you reply to the above and if you still get no response, you could hit the triangle symbol and call for help. I will keep an eye in any case.

Cheers, MrH

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Hi, sohiab.

I have moved this thread to our Legal Issues Forum and asked Site Team if they can help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

shelleys charges thread in the barclaycard forum should give you everything you need

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Andy.

I cancelled this claim before going to court,

I wrote to the court office and the solicitors.

However,

it doesnt look like the solicitor got my letter and have billed me for £765 for not informing them!

What can i do?

This has turned into a mess and i dont have that sort of money!

If a claimant discontinues a claim then you are responsible for wasted costs CPR 38.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is the bill an actual wasted costs order( Court seal) or just an informal request?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No court seal, just an informal request. Came from Solicitors and doesnt appear to have any court documents.

I've written to them explaining that i didn't want to pursue the case and it looks like they didn't receive my letter!

I thought that a small claims court case would not make me liable to such expenses, or else i would have started it in the first place.

However, i'm now in no position to pay such debts and i'm afraid that they could effect my credit rating ect.

What were your reasons for discontinuance?

Regards

Andy

I didnt think I could go through with the case against the evidence and legal team.

Liability for costs

(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant.

(2) If proceedings are only partly discontinued –

(a) the claimant is liable under paragraph (1) for costs relating only to the part of the proceedings which he is discontinuing; and

(b) unless the court orders otherwise, the costs which the claimant is liable to pay must not be assessed until the conclusion of the rest of the proceedings.

(3) This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track.

(Rule 44.12 provides for the basis of assessment where the right to costs arises on discontinuance and contains provisions about when a costs order is deemed to have been made and applying for an order under section 194(3) of the Legal Services Act 2007)

Also, i was under the impression that under CPR 38, this wouldn't apply to a small claims court claim

Quite true but they make application under CPR44.12a

Costs on the small claims track are strictly limited by CPR 27.14. In the vast

majority of cases, a successful Claimant can only recover:

Court fees:

Issue fee

Allocation fee. It is worth noting that whether or not an allocation

questionnaire is actually filed, the fee is only payable where the case

is worth over £1,500.

Hearing fee

What a Defendant could claim would be minimal

Regards

Andy

Well they want the whole lot, Solicitors fees ect adding to around £795 for my initial claim of £400!

I explained to the solicitor that I sent their client a letter at the same time as sending the court a letter for discontinuing the case. He said he will look into it..I did also call the law firm and cancel but the solicitors receptionist couldn't find my details (I have a log of the call and time).

I really don't feel I've acted unreasonably. If they had received the letter then I guess I wouldn't be in this position. Though, the did attend court because of this.

Have you a breakdown of these costs?

Andy