Help Advice Needed On Resignation Letter!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am currently off work as my back has completely gone(torn muscles). I work for a large vehicle sales company and I am currently looking for another job - I have actually been offered a job that I can start as soon as I feel better and have another job offer on the table also.

I will also be owed last months commission (approx £1k) and also a bonus of £700 for winning the customer satisfaction competition. This entails all my previous customers receiving email questionnaires to say how satisfied they were - out of all the salesmen i received the most 100% satisfied surveys back and hence win the money. Only thing is now I have heard off another salesman that they may refuse to pay this money to me. Shall I write a letter handing my notice in and also include in the letter that I look forward to receiving all monies owing including the bonus owing for the customer satisfaction. I need to get this in the post today so any response would be received with thanks.

Edited by bathspray

Is leaving the company the only route left to you?

If you haven't found another position is it worth resigning? and what would your reason for resigning be?

You can indeed write in that you look forward to receiving your final monies including your commission and bonus from date xx to date xx as agreed in your terms and conditions (if it is of course!) Some commission and bonus' are non-contractual meaning they can withdraw them at any point.

Would it not be more prudent to wait for your next pay day and see what they do first?

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Sorry I have omitted the main point (with rushing and looking after the kids) - I have actually been offered a job that I can start as soon as I feel better and have another job offer on the table also.

Thankyou again

Popular!

How long until you think you will be back working again? The employer is entitled to a fair notice period, and it would work in your favor if you gave it, and if your signed off then you wouldn't have to go back anyway!

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Oh I am hoping this time next week, at the moment I have been there for under 12 months so I am sure that only 1 weeks notice will suffice. I am just thinking how shall I go about putting about my payment for bonus in the letter to ensure that I do get paid otherwise if they dont pay it I will have to start a battle to receive it. Due to the fact it is for work I have already done I cant really see why they would not want to pay it other than the manager being pedantic(which he sure can be) Thanks

yeah 1 weeks is appropriate, as i stated above you can put in a nice statement about looking forward to receiving the money, thanks for being a great employer etc massage the ego's a bit! Always helps!