Contribution Based ESA to end

Mmevache
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been on contribution based ESA since I had cancer and have had an ongoing problem due to the treatment which means it would be impossible for me to work. I won my tribunal last year after my ESA was stopped after an "assessment" by ATOS and I was placed in the WRAG. I had another assessment by ATOS in February and have been informed that my contribution based ESA will stop at the end of April due to the governments proposal to limit ESA to 365 days.

What I would like to know if anyone can help is can I reapply for ESA when the original claim ends as my condition has not and probably will not improve and therefore I will be unable to work (even if I could find a job!). I cannot claim JSA as I cannot with any honesty say that I am able to work.

I have worked all my life (apart from a few years when the kids were young) and would be working still if this illness hadn't happened to me. I don't know how we are going to manage without my ESA money. It seems that the government are penalising people who have paid into the system and through no fault of their own are now not able to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by anyone who has similar probs. Thanks:frown:

Hi Mm

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Do you have an entitlement to receive Income Related ESA?

I am sorry but I'm not an ESA processing officer I can't be 100% certain about any linking rules and how long you would need to have closed your claim for to reclaim so that payment can be considered again.

I am not 100% sure but I think that when contribution based esa runs out then income based comes into effect. I am on C/based ESA and when I queried what happens when the year is up I am sure the young lady said I would claim income based ESA. I'm sure they won't let us be without money if we genuinely can't work.

I am not 100% sure but I think that when contribution based esa runs out then income based comes into effect. I am on C/based ESA and when I queried what happens when the year is up I am sure the young lady said I would claim income based ESA. I'm sure they won't let us be without money if we genuinely can't work.

As long as your income / savings and that of your partner (if you have one) is low enough, then you should get income based ESA.

Do you think you qualify to be in the support group of ESA? If so there is no time limit for contributory ESA for that, the year limit only affects the WRAG. Hence many people are trying to get themselves from WRAG to the support group.

The support group is the people who are deemed not to be well enough to undertake 'work related activity', the rest are in the work related activity group (WRAG). It is only the WRAG that are having their contributory ESA limited to one year, not the support group.