Pepe2004 v Rooftop mortgages

Pepe2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently her solicitor did it for her. bet she recognises the SAR and reckons you will need to find evidence of who owns your mortgage and who is collecting your money since Roof T officially went bust in Oct 2004. She says that any mortgage produced afteri ths date is illigal since they closed then and the FSA put up a public notice that they could not hold client moniesl. A lot has gone on since 2009 so she said we would need to find the most up to date information and that will set the presidence to act. My props are in the Mids and I could not see mine on the FM list.

Thanks for info ,would be helpful if you can private message me the steps her solicitor took ,that would give me some idea where to start.

Name & Registered Office:

ROOFTOP MORTGAGES LIMITED

125 LONDON WALL

LONDON

EC2Y 5AJ

Company No. 04621865

The above shows they still trading from London and their accounts are up to date is this correcy?????

ROOFTOP MORTGAGES 2010 ACCOUNT.pdf

Rooftops offices are in Ipswich exactly the same qas Crown Management offices. The address at London Wall is their registered office address. The SAR should have been sent for the attention of the data controller.

There are accounts are upto date but with nothing in them - empty.... as I said just a shell of a company. So when they charge us charges etc, where does our monthly repayment monies go? as it does not go into a Rooftop account as it does not show in their accounts

I have also included Farringdon No 1 PLC accounts, you will see on page 29 that they mention Rooftop Mortgages.

FARRINGDON MORTGAGES NO1 PLC 2010 ACCOUNTS.pdf

Edited by TUTTSI

Did sent the SAR ,witing for reply T-MINUS 16 DAYS AND COUNTING,what did her solicitor do after receiving the info ,any help much appreciated

Have not found when they ceased trading

Any info on the investigations ,and has the addresses helped

Received SAR and mine is with Crown Mortgage management .....what is the next steps to take if you can help

Should be all fine until you get into arrears than the fees and charges are @@@@?? to say the least

Rooftop are a shell company and its Crown/Farringdon who own your mortgage ...who will try and evict you to get their bank balance back up,once you default,miss payments etc

I,m self employed and when work started getting slow about 2yrs ago I rang them up to tell them i was canceling the DD because if I missed a payment it was costing their charges plus the banks charges.

I ring them up every month when the mortgage is due and pay with debit card, sometimes my payment is 1 or 2 weeks late but they can not add any charges ( only a small amount of interest) unless i am more then a month late then they can charge me £50.

Best to send a SAR to them and request all the documents that relate to you. I have posted up a good Subject Access Request on this thread. You need a statement of account on what charges they have charged you then you need to write to them requiring a refund of the exhorbitant charges. when they write back and say no - you then can take this to the FOS for adjudication. Also, like Pepe, he has just found that from the SAR he sent his mortgage is owned by Crown and he has never been informed of this. Also, you should check land registry to see who holds title to your property. I have actually found out that my mortgage is with Farringdon Mortgages No 1 PLC by some detective work. I have posted up earlier on this thread the excel sheets from farringdon both on FM1 and FM2 accounts.

I,m self employed and when work started getting slow about 2yrs ago I rang them up to tell them i was canceling the DD because if I missed a payment it was costing their charges plus the banks charges.

I ring them up every month when the mortgage is due and pay with debit card, sometimes my payment is 1 or 2 weeks late but they can not add any charges ( only a small amount of interest) unless i am more then a month late then they can charge me £50.

Thanks for that info TUTTSI

They have only charged me once for a missed DD payment and that was 2yrs ago so i cancelled the DD.They hate me paying with my debit card because they can,t hit me with any charges if i,m late paying the mortgage.

My mortgage is due on the 1st of the month and as long as i pay before the end of the month they can not hit me with any charges apart from the extra interest which is usualy about £3.

I thought i read somewhere that they were bought by a company called Redstones or something like that?

I have not heard of Redstones. You should send the SAR to find out who actually owns your mortgage and check with land registry.

Thanks for that info TUTTSI

They have only charged me once for a missed DD payment and that was 2yrs ago so i cancelled the DD.They hate me paying with my debit card because they can,t hit me with any charges if i,m late paying the mortgage.

My mortgage is due on the 1st of the month and as long as i pay before the end of the month they can not hit me with any charges apart from the extra interest which is usualy about £3.

I thought i read somewhere that they were bought by a company called Redstones or something like that?

Yes sorry just read it again, I thought it said that Redstone had aquired Rooftop in 2004 but it seems they just aquired A mortgage.

"I took out a mortgagelink3.gif with Rooftop Mortgages in May 2004. Almost immediately it would seem that mortgagelink3.gif was assumed by Redstone. I have no record on my file of ever having been advised of that change."

I,m going to shut up now. How do i check my Land Registry?

FYI none of us have been notified that Rooftops have sold our mortgages.

Go on to the Land Registry site and follow the proceedure to obtain this document it did cost a few pounds but it is worth keeping in your possession as you will find out if you do the SAR who actually owns your mortgage.

Please check on my earlier posts for those of FM1 &FM2 to see if you can identify your property. I found ours on there it took a few searches as it is a huge spread sheet.

A note now for Pepe, now you know it is Crown that own your mortgage you should do another SAR to them and certainly also go to Land Registry to see what who owns title.

Yes sorry just read it again, I thought it said that Redstone had aquired Rooftop in 2004 but it seems they just aquired A mortgage.

"I took out a mortgagelink3.gif with Rooftop Mortgages in May 2004. Almost immediately it would seem that mortgagelink3.gif was assumed by Redstone. I have no record on my file of ever having been advised of that change."

I,m going to shut up now. How do i check my Land Registry?

I have just rung Rooftop to ask them who owns my Mortgage. They said they still service it. I queried the word "SERVICE" and asked if they still owned it to which he replied "YES"

I know they can say what they like but I wanted to see what they said and I recorded it.

They have recently been suggesting that I should pay 3/4 months mortgage payments in advance when i have surplus funds so that i have 3/4months breathing space if any off my customers are late paying their Invoices. I thought that was a strange suggestion at the time, thats why your thread title was of interest to me.

I will check Land Registry now.

I would because if they say they own it how can Rooftop take you to court if you get my drift and why has the Land registry not been transferred to Crown????

Shall i as suggested send a SAR now to Crown ,even though i received from Roof