Pepe2004 v Rooftop mortgages

Pepe2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, did you submit a budget sheet with your N244 so the judge could see what you would be able to realistically afford to pay ?

Hi, only thing you can do is to apply for another hearing to get the payments reduced to what you can afford. I have affixed the budget sheet we use in these cases, it calculates automatically as you fill it in. When you have completed it come back and tell us what you can afford and we'll advise further. £200 per month for arrears of £1,700 is far too much (depending on your available income of course).

We can also help you to write a statement citing case law etc which should help.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for your help will keep you all posted

yes Summited to Rooftop but forgot to include with the n244,as rooftop said they will let me know IE PROPOSALS.

i Feel cheated as arrears were 1700 ,but on day of hearing they called me to say £200 agreement in place to stop Eviction.

Once in court their lawyer put the amount including fees/charges to 11770,now i am stuck as i was proposing to clear arrears and than lift the suspended order which is hanging over my head

Any help with letters to them with regards to their arrangement of 200 ,but they did not mention fees included,

For a start did you check that list from Farringdon 1 PLC (I posted up in post 3) to see if your property is on it?

I found mine on there, it will not state your name but will state an area, when the mortgage was taken out and the amount of borrowing, monthly payment and ours matched.

Have you got the full list of charges etc as it is sounding like a further £10k has been added in charges, which needs to be addressed by writing to rooftops once you have a complete list from them from the SAR. They wont give this for nothing as I was told they make a charge. Once you have the list you can write to rooftops and ask them to refund the charges when they give you a final no, no, you must then put this part of your claim with the FOS as as sure as eggs are eggs they have well and truely put in ridiculous fees and you will eventually get this reduced.

I can only advise that you MUST make these payments of £200 per month until you are able to get back to court as they will have no hesitation in going for the possession. At this rate it will take no more than 9 months to clear the actual arrears.

I am sure Ell-enn will be back to help you further but honestly you will have to keep up by hook or by crook pay the arrears repayments as the court has agreed to until such times as you can get back into court with evidences of your income and expenses by way of a budget sheet that you have already been given. Also, by quoting the norgan case as I also suggestied the arreas can be spread over the remaining term of you mortgage and no judge in the land will go against that case reference. We chose to do it over 4 years as we did not want this hanging over our head and we sighed with relief when the final payment of the ARREARS were paid in full.

You will probably need to send an SAR to Rooftop to ask them for a complete breakdown of your account including all charges.

Can you tell us what the actual arrears of £1700 represents in terms of months overdue. In other words what is your monthly repayment and how many months arrears does £1700 represent.

I am sure CAG here of a great SAR in the library if not I will post up mine which is very comprehensive.

Edited by TUTTSI

Hi

Can you help as to where to look on the FARRINDON document to see if my area and payment are on there...

Have not got the full list of charges,would appreciate if you can post your SAR

Reference arrears it is the short fall of the contractual monthly payment after the dwp has made their payment on mortgage interest only,this was ok at first but as the libor rate increases as i have been told by Rooftop,the payments go up every 3 months ,was sitting at £524 now over £600,hence i than get a bigger gap on the shortfall thus increasing arrears.hope that makes sence

will continue with £200 as court order as suggested

On Farringdon Mortgages No1 PLC, I found it by area, then the original loan amount, then the actual loan as we had topped up. You could well be on Farringdon Mortgages No2 PLC which I maynot have. It took me a while to find as I slowly went through eliminating the ones in definate areas like up north etc and concentrated on the areas in the London area. When you see it you can absolutely know that is your mortgage and it could not be anyone elses. When that report was posted up originally it came out with too much information with names and address and it had to be shortened to be posted up on a forum as I could not have mine or others details on an open forum so unfortunately much was deleted.

I will pop up my SAR a little later if that is ok with CAG it is very comprehensive and will ask for everything on your mortgage.

I will also be sending an SAR to Farringdon Mortgages No 1 requesting them to confirm that they own it - not letting them know that I actually know at the moment that they do.

As far as your mortgage payments are concerned ours is also on the libor and had increased in last 3 months it has gone up slightly. We pay a base rate 3.2 + whatever the current libor rate is as this was the rate we agreed to at the start of the mortgage. My o/h says it depends on what your base rate was agreed to, but that increase does sound like a huge amount of money and again I would question with Rooftops how they have reached this figure. Ours is a much larger mortgage than your and ours only went up just under £20, so I feel something is wrong. They are in tomorrow morning (Saturday)you can phone them and ask them to explain how they reached this figure, lets see what they say before we diswcuss this point further as something is clearly not right.

For now the information that I have given you on Farringdon/Rooftop should not be mentioned to them when you write as I don't want them to know that we have cottoned on to this yet and do not want them to have a chance to correct the situation before the investigation starts.

As promised I enclose my SAR that I would use. You can amend to suit what you require from them but this is so comprehensive and lets see if they slip up and give you any information as to where your actual mortgage is held as as sure as eggs are eggs Rooftop is just a shell company.

ROOFTOP LETTER SAR REQUEST.doc

Edited by TUTTSI

Yes it was very useful and have done the SAR,EXCELLENT LETTER WITH GREAT INFO

Have you received a figure of settlement yet ,you say this was agreed in Principal

Hi Tuttsi

Do you know where to find the Farringdon no 2 plc document

any updates on your settlement

Hi Ell en ,did you receive my PM

yes it did help and very useful info...will be posting the SAR TODAY lets wait and see..will keep you posted

well once the SAR is sent you have 40+2 days maximum time to wait. Did you send the £10 cheque/postal order?

Yes i did enclose £10 lets wait and see what happens next

The SAR was very good and very to the point

shall keep you posted

Pepe, did you write your mortgage account number on the back of the postal order and "fee for subject access request only" just in case they take it as a payment towards your account

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I enclosed a letter just to say the enclosed £10 is the fee for the SAR and at no time should this be used towards payment of my arrears or court order.Mortgage account number was written as well and i took a copy for my records

lets wait and see sent both separately, SAR To their Data/Customer service department which i had teh address in London and checked they are there ,the other letter to MK reference court hearing ..

postal order and made a copy of this as well,also sent a separate letter after court hearing as they included fees/charges on full amount.Arrears as you know are minimal under 1800,but with fees ect over 11000

So i await two replies

1. from letter ref hearing

2. SAR

Has anyone claimed fees back from these people after FOS intervention

Yes did that ,as they can avoid sending SAR ,,

Hi Pepe

I cannot find the Farringdon 2 stuff, so have PM'd the person that sent me all the details and asked if they could kindly send it to me. So please be patient as not sure when or if ever this person will respond as when you are on web forums peeps dont always pick up emails. I will do my best for you.

TBVH I have not had a chance to deal with our claim and I must. Just recouperating from surgery so not been in right frame of mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

Received a letter from my complaint after court hearing which i felt had to be put in,it looks like they now want more time to enable them to finalise a written responce..They have had over 20 days now,as it was them who suggested they will reply with a written responce within 20 days..and they have FAILED TO DO THAT

I am drafting a letter to them who do i address it to as the reply i got was from Customer care administrator..Is this a joe bloggs or someone with a creditable position not an admin assisstant

Tuttsi, I have been unable to ascertain how you have identified any individual mortgage data from the Farringdon Mortgage No1 document (post No. 3). I ask as a previous client of mine has 3 BTL mortgages with Rooftop, over which they have appointed an LPA Receiver and are being very difficult with excessive charges and refusal to remove the Receiver. I will probably want to start a separate thread on this, but would appreciate any help you can give with FM No. 1 in the meantime. VMT SM

Hi

Have you had any news on where to find who is holding what property? I have 4 accounts with Rooftop and it is only this weekend that a long time mate of mine posed certain questions to them and she has not paid a single mortgage payment since the back end of 2008 and still has the property at her disposal. She has advised me that Rooftop should not be collecting any money and if we are still paying to them, who is really collecting our monies?

Thanks for that news i feel better already

I have no idea where to find who is holding my mortgage and where to find this info

,could you let me know how your mate went all this time without paying the mortgage and still kept the house ,without HAVING SPO or Eviction set .

What reasons /questions she put to them ,that made them stay quiet..any help would be much appreciated

No not yet but any help would be great

I found ours on Farringdon 1 Mortgages PLC by the amount of Mortgage we have, the location area and when we had an increased our mortgage all the sums added up.

I now have Farringdon 1 +2 Mortgages PLC updates. The spread sheet is quite wide and I just went on until I found ours, when you find it you know it is yours by the description of the property etc.

The last accounts of Rooftop show that they are just a shell. So yes good point why are we paying these people as they don't actually own our mortgage. Except the Land Registry still shows in their name. I had some great help with someone that knew the workings of these companies.

I suspect Crown Mortgages who are in the same building actually answer the phones on dedicated numbers answering as Rooftops as Rooftop do not have any expenses such as staff salaries, income, rent etc etc....

My husband had a run in with one of the managers this week as they wanted to charge £50 because they said we did not have an agreement to pay by a certain date. As it happens he had a letter acknowledging this agreement and yet the manager still could not get it and still argued. I am afraid Rooftop cannot push us around anymore as we will not stand for it.

Working out what to do next in relation to our find is foremost in my mind and how to tackle this without giving them cause to suddenly get wind that we know what has happened.

For Angry lady I will try and post up the links I have but they are huge files and I am not that IT literate to do this but I will try when I have a few moments.

For everyone, you only have to look at the accounts to realise that they own nothing and this are published at Companies House.

Tuttsi, I have been unable to ascertain how you have identified any individual mortgage data from the Farringdon Mortgage No1 document (post No. 3). I ask as a previous client of mine has 3 BTL mortgages with Rooftop, over which they have appointed an LPA Receiver and are being very difficult with excessive charges and refusal to remove the Receiver. I will probably want to start a separate thread on this, but would appreciate any help you can give with FM No. 1 in the meantime. VMT SM

Thanks Tuttsi

Glad you found the 2nd part of document

As for me still waiting for the court hearing letter to rooftop which after 20 days ,they asking for more time ,,,,,,i also sent SAR this must have been a bit rocky to say the least ...now they struggling to find info to reply and time is ticking away nicely ALL ADDS UP TO make my fight stronger

FM no2 plc investor report April2012 -.pdf[ATTACH]35557

the last file wont open which is FM no investors report I will see if I can get another copy, but I am sure it will be similar to FM No2

FM no1 plc DATAPOOL April2012.pdf -.xls

FM no2 plc DATAPOOL April2012.pdf -.xls

FM no1 plc DATAPOOL April2007edited.pdf - Copy - Copy.xls

Edited by TUTTSI
correcting downloads