• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

repossession date 18th april

davhems
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have a suspended possesion order with chelsea for mortgage arrears arrears were aprox 5000 at the end of december and i have managed to get them down to 2500 aprox by paying 150 on top of payment. i missed feb payment but have paid every month including last payment .my payment is aprox 680 per month they arnt willing to talk unless i clear the arrears in full which i cant do so i am going to court on thursday to fill in forms for a hearing. got some great help of elelen last time i had problems would be glad of any advice peope have. my main defence for missing feb payment was wife changed jobs and pay was messed up i know i should have contacted chelsea but thought i would be able to sort it out cheers in advance.

Hi Dave, just been reading your case from last time - you were in court in February to stop eviction. Is the payment you missed the one due just after the court hearing?

Is your wife's pay sorted now and if so are you able to make the missing payment ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi this is different lender im up to date with the one you helped me with ive adapted the letter you gave me last time to reflect this case and filled in the budget form

Is your wife's pay sorted now and if so are you able to make the missing payment ?

Did your wife get her pay sorted out ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

no we basically lost a months salary i paid this months but chelsea have stated through there solicitors cobbits that they will only stop action if the full arrears are paid

Lenders always say they want the full arrears even when they know it's not possible. You obviously need to enter an N244 to get a hearing to stop the eviction. You will need to explain exactly how your wife lost a month's pay though. How did it happen - is she still owed the money ?

Lenders always say they want the full arrears even when they know it's not possible. You obviously need to enter an N244 to get a hearing to stop the eviction. You will need to explain exactly how your wife lost a month's pay though. How did it happen - is she still owed the money ?

Previous employer said she gave insuficiant notice wanting 12 weeks she gave a month it is being looked at but don't know when the money will be given were able to carry on with the current arrangement but there not inrerested

Do you want me to look at the statement you have adapted ? you can email it to me

hi sorry ell enn for slow reply ive sent n244 to court and im there 10 am monday 16th i recived a letter from cobbets solicitors who act for chelsea. it says that we must remove our goods by the date but then says they urge us to contact them with proposals to clear the arreras. as stated earlyer i contacted them when this first happened and got a pretty standard only full payment will stop this type letter.ive emailed them telling them ive filed n244 and im contesting it as they dont seem interested in working with me.but have advised them to reply if they are wiling to accept an offer of continuing the ongoing payment

OK, did you follow the same style of N244 (with affixed statement) as you submitted for the last hearing you had?

yes used the stuff you gave me last time including the budget sheet but when i got to the court i had to fill in there budget sheet which was more or less the same but i still attached the one you gave me

The court gave you a budget sheet to fill in ??

The court gave you a budget sheet to fill in ??

Yeah didn't have to last time said its so the judge can see how much I can afford to pay but the one you sent me is laid out better so I attached that and have 3 copies but I don't think the judge even looked last time

hello sorry ive been a bit quiet on this but was in court today and judge sided with me. i was emailed last week by cobbits there solicitor asking me to send my proposals for clearing the arrears even though i had it in writing they would only accept full payment of the arreras. i emailed back saying i had filed a n244 and was prepared to keep my payments going as they were but felt they were trying to pressurise me into making a lump sum payment.there solicitor approached me before the hearing and said just like to confirm we have accepted your offer so it will just be a formality . i wasnt happy as i havent slept for weeks worrying and it has ruined easter for my family. when we went in the judge asked if we had come to an agreement and we said we had to which the judge said to the cobbits solicitor im glad because you would have lost as its a fair offer.my feeling now after going through this twice recently and finding on the day of hearing that they accepted my offer anyway is that they will try to bully you into paying more but they know that if it goes to court and you have a fair offer and means to pay they will side with you. thanks again for every ones help and support and i hope i dont have to do this again but would be happy to talk to anyone if they need help.