Faulty Van - Am I Entitled To A Refund?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All All,

Any advice would be great.

Basically bought a second hand van from a dealer at a cost of £4500. The day I drove it hoped noticed the engine management light flashed when I demanded acceleration and it was sluggish as it went into limp mode. Called garage and returned and they fitted a new turbo as it was not working.

Few weeks later whilst driving I had to stop the car due to the new failed dumped all the oil out of the engine, there was a lot of smoke! Got it towed back to the dealer.

The dealer sent it to Vauxhall for repair (ironically their garage is over the road from them). They replaced the turbo as it had failed.

Got the vehicle back then 3 weeks later I noticed the noticed the engine management light flashed when I demanded acceleration and it was sluggish as it went into limp mode.

So I returned the vehicle back to the dealer for repair. My question is, am I entitled to a refund as the dealer has said I am not. Also, I am entitled to any compensation as I am missing my work commitments (self employed and need van to work). The dealer said he will not supply me with a replacement vehicle while mine is back in being repaired.

Surely after the repeated failures I must be entitled to a refund as it was never sold to a satisfactory quality and the subsequent repairs have failed.

Any help appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the site.

Did you have a warranty on the vehicle? If so what are the details as far as what is covered etc? There maybe something in the small print that could help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Yeah I paid for a 3 month warranty, the issue is not with them repairing the vehicle. But the fact it was sold faulty and then the 2 repairs since have failed.

To be honest, I dont even think on the previous repairs they used the warranty as its covered by a third party. After the second failure it went back to Vauxhall as the dealer claimed it was their part that failed. Apparently after this time the van is back with them as they did the last repair.

You have rights under the sale of goods act.

The purchased item has to be fit for purpose and in good working order etc etc

There used to be a brilliant user on the site who could have read it to you from memory. Unfortunately I'm not so up with it.

I will dig out what I can from the library and get back to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

Thread title changed slightly and thread tidied

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS