Pensioner's EON Hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother had her gas supply with EON. Her quarterly bills were between £500-£700 for a 2 bedroomed property. The only gas appliance in the house is a combi boiler which runs the radiators and hot water. She has no gas fire or cooker. The combi is less than 2 years old and has been checked by the local authority who owns the property.

Her bill is now almost £2000 and after they failed to accept there is a problem somewhere and she cannot be using this much gas, I managed to get her switched to a new supplier a few weeks ago. However EON are now having their debt dept ringing her about making payment on the account. Two nights ago she got a call just before 9pm, she was in bed. She suffers from polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis, a serious medical condition that has left her almost permanently blind. She almost fell down the stairs trying to get to the phone.

I have spent all morning on the phone trying to resolve matters, but they still insist the bills are correct and that she has used this amount of gas. Well I disagree. So do I contact Ofgem or the ombudsman services to make a complaint. It is quite obvious Eon are not going to find out what the problem is, in fact they are not interested in anything other than getting the money. It is disgusting how she has been treated and I want to make major complaints about this. Any advice please.

Juest received this tweet from Eon

E.ON help ‏ @EONhelp

@real_cag Thank you for this, we'll get onto it straight away! #EONhelp^AM

Retweeted by ConsumerActionGroup

Guest E.ON Company Rep Amanda

I’m so sorry about this Gia, I‘d really like to help you sort things out for your Mum.

Firstly, if she’s getting calls saying she needs to pay this bill then there isn’t a complaint raised on her account.

If you have doubts over the accuracy of the Final Bill then it’s essential that you receive a full explanation of why we believe it’s correct, without the additional upset of demands to pay. This is so important, and I do understand your Mum’s health problems make her especially vulnerable.

As it’s such a high bill and you’ve had no joy with our phone advisors, I recommend that you contact our Directors’ Office for a full complaint to be logged with an investigation into what’s happened.

You can find out how to do this and more on how we handle customer complaints by visiting: eonenergy.com/chp

Before you email its worth checking that the meter readings we used to send the bill are the ones given to the new supplier and are lower than that on the meter today. If you can include this information in your email, it will help us determine if the bill is correct and why it’s so high.

An open complaint will stop all the calls and letters until we’ve worked things out. I’m sorry that I don’t have access to your mum’s account to be able to offer any further advice today but if you do need any more help from me, please let me know.

Amanda :-)

Thank You Amanda, I will follow your advice.

The issue with the bills is not for the final bill it is with all bills from day one until she changed supplier. EON are now demanding £2000 in total for the final bill.

A solicitor and a tenant support worker from the local authority has been in touch with EON about the complaint, so how it cannot be logged I do not know.

These issues have been ongoing for too long now, and my mothers health is suffering from the stress and worry.

This really isn't good enough Gia, I'm so sorry things aren't being dealt with correctly.

I appreciate my apologies aren't enough here so if you'd like to private message the details to me, I’ll see what’s going on.

I’m afraid I’m out of the office from 6pm today until Tuesday but I’ll be sure to look out for your message.

Alternatively, if you do use twitter, my colleague Malc will be available tomorrow and you can get in touch on there.

Thank you Amanda. I will get her details together to PM you.

I believe the problem is that they have been billing her as if she had an imperial meter when she has a metric one.

I went through her bills today most show 4 digit readings which is imperial. Whereas her last bill shows 5 digits which is metric.

The guy on the phone originally told me they had done an imperial to metric conversion, then after speaking with a supervisor retracted this statement.

Obviously even when this matter does get rectified I will still have to take matters up with the complaints bodies due to the nightmare my mother has been through the last two years.

After these distressing phone calls of the last few days, and EON constantly saying there is no error the bills stand and she must pay now, today she has a flare up of her rheumatica, and symptoms of her temporal arteritis. I am very worried as the arteritis can cause a stroke or brain haemorrhage. She she has been at the hospital several times in the last few weeks with this. Neither of us need this stress right now.

I have requested copies of all her bills from day one with Eon.

Thansk for the details GIa, I'm afraid I'm new to the forum so can't PM you back.

Can you send me your email address as well please?

I've taken over the complaint, will get up to speed with what's happeneing and be in touch in the next couple of days.

Please give your Mum my best and I promise, no more calls and I will do all I can to help you with this.

Amanda

Hi Gia.

Just popping on to let you know I've sent that email I promised.

Speak to you soon

Amanda :-)

Thank you Amanda. I have received your email. I will be printing it out and going to my mum's today to talk to her about it.

I will email you back asap.