MBNA - Charges Reclaim

mrdaviesjnr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this site and I am also completely green to appealing to reclaim charges and interest etc.. but what I do know is I have been done for some ridiculous charges over the past 12 - 24 months, so if anyone can help or point me into the right forum it would be mostly appreciated.

Right here we go, I had a virgin money credit about 3 years ago for £1600 - which I had a nightmare in keeping up with payments etc and I missed quite a lot of payment which was all my own fault and ended up owing a minimum payment of around £200 a month.

So i spoke with MBNA and we agreed to set up a direct debit of £60 every week, but unknown to me I was still payment a default sum fee of £12 and at least £30 interest every month so in effect i was hardly even paying anything of my loan.

So cut a long story short, after months (approx.12 months) of constant harassing on mobile phone, house phone and work phone, letters and email which i gave them no permission for I rang up in february 2012 and paid the whole amount of approx £1500.

No I have rang up and filed a complaint requesting all my interest charges be refunded on the grounds that how on earth was I ever going to pay the balance of whilst I was being charged approx £40 every month for 2 years?!

I am still awaiting response but could anybody help advise me if I have a leg to stand on and whether or not i should proceed in appealing if my request is rejected.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the essay!

Hi

I've started a thread for you here in the MBNA Forum to save hijacking someone else's thread.

To claim back those charges you will need to prepare a spreadsheet and put in a formal request for refund which, if they decline, you will probably need to issue in court for.

Have you got all of your statements showing the charges and the dates these were applied to the account?

ims

Ye I was aware i was writing on someones thread but I don't know how to start a new one and the link you have provided hasn't opened up a new window or discussion?

But in response to your response, initially i rang mbna making a fuss about the charges and the woman i spoke to was very understanding and said she will file the report for me no need for a letter or spreadsheet etc.. So I am just awaiting a response purely on her filing the complaint and i spoke to them today and the advised me a response is due in the next few days.

I have got printouts of all charges and there is literally a £12 charge and interst charge varying from £25 to £35 every month for the 13 months i have (which is only as far as i can go online)

The main advice i want is if they come back to me saying its tough luck i missed the payment and that's the t & C's then i don't know where i go from there.

thanks again

I would reckon they will almost certainly tell you where to go.

If you want to get those £12 charges back the process would be to prepare a spreadsheet of claim (including interest) and send it to them with a preliminary letter demanding refund. If they refuse you send it again, this time as a "letter before action" and if they still refuse you sue them.

Have a read of Nos 3 & 4 in my signature.

Also have a read around the bank forums to get up to speed on how to reclaim unlawful charges

ims

Ye well when i hear back i will then put a spreadsheet together and a letter if they tell me where to go, because i think they will as-well, but i also think the charges were ridiculous and how they ever expected me to pay that off is beyond me!!

Hi mdj

They don't ever expect you to be able to pay it off; that is their business model, possibly informed by Al Capone in the '20s.

I should press on though; they are exiting UK and EU and selling all their lemons to bandits.

x

Ps

"The Maryland State Police has provided the Department of Legislative

Services with a history of the emergence of gangs in Maryland. Using an analytical method that

the Maryland State Police describes as “semi-chronological and geographical” and conceding

that the information it contains is a “combination of both anecdotal and validated intelligence,”

the history warns that the arrival of nationally known gangs has “led to a surge of gang activity

throughout the State.” The following history of gangs in Maryland is based on the information

provided by the Maryland State Police.

v

Edited by victoria_siempre

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guys I got mine back from MBNA - after threatening court action they agreed to pay up all charges within 6 years. Ive now files in court for all charges older than 6 years .

Good luck to you with your claim and doont take no for an answer.

Madge