jono3000 v HSBC - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just sent off preliminary request for payment to HSBC for £2715 of charges over the last 6 years. Will update within 14 days...

Assuming they dont pay up in full before I get to the MCOL stage, how do I go about getting the £120 court fee back? Do I add it to the amount in the particulars of the claim or will HSBC automatically pay it?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Jono,

We didn't receive a reply to our LBA until Friday, deadline was today, the offer was 85% of our claim but not enough, especially as they've added another £375 since the prelim letter.

They seem to eek everything out, perhaps they think we will accept their last minute offers rather than take them to court, oh how wrong they are!

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

Hi jono you get the court fee back when the claim is concluded, either by judgement or negotiated settlement. If they settle out of court make sure it's included.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing from HSBC, so filed on MCOL just now. Can someone clarify the timescales involved now, do they have 14 days from today to acknowledge or 14 days after the 5 days in which its deemed served?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jono

I'm not far behind you......received the notice of issue from my MCOL claim today by post. To be served on the 25th Nov, HSBC have until 9th Dec to reply! This is scary now!! Knowing my luck, I'll be the first in that dock!!!

Amanda

Unfortunately, DG Solicitors have a nasty habit of filing a defence at the last moment (they did with my claim).

You will probably receive notification from the court that a defence has been filed, and the claim transferred to your local court.

They will pay up in time, but it's doubtful it will happen via judgment.

Good luck

• Haha 2

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

sorry to hijack your thread jono,

i think i'm at same stage as you. I have received AQ in todays post. HSBC had until saturday 2nd Dec to defend and have entered a defence today. Does anyone know if i have to fill this in?

I no longer have a cheque book to send £100 fee (HSBC took this off me long ago). I only have a debit card.

If I dont fill in the AQ before Saturday does this still mean i've won?

Sorry if question seems dumb but any help will be appreciated

There will be a deadline for you to fill in the AQ. It should be in the top left hand corner. It will not be Sat that was the date the Defence was due. It will be about 21 days from the date the Defence was filed. If you do not fill it in by that deadline the Court can strike your case out. They will allow you a period of about 5 days after it was due before sending you notice that unless you do file it by a date (usually 7 daysish thereafter) your case will be struck out. You can pay the fee cash or if your case hasnt been transferred to your local Court online. You may well hear from DG by that time of course and there would be no need to worry

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

HI Lisah1 yep were both at the same stage, I expect my AQ is waiting at home in the post box. Im going to hold off filing it until the last minute, as DG should come up with the goods before then.

Absolutely me too! Just faxed them another copy of my charges in case the earlier 3 lots have gone astray. May as well bombard them like they did me when I owed them money!

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

I received offer in full settlement today from DG. I'm over the moon. Anyone know how long they take to pay up? i need to start xmas shopping (after donating to CAG) that is!

Thanks everyone. jono300 and jaynekul hopefully your letters are being put through your letterbox as we speak.

OK, who's next on the list...............

Well done Lisa! I hope my letter is there as well. I know from Zsazsa that when she recd her offer the money was in her account within 5 days. How are you doing Jono? My Defence is due Thurs.

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06