• Tweets

• In addition to dealing with the individual problems that this person is creating for you, you obviously need to deal with it holistically because there is a problem of identity fraud which may well continue and will certainly affect you and your family throughout your lives. Nobody should underestimate the seriousness of this kind of thing. Although people will commonly apply the label of "identity theft", what you are actually dealing with here is "identity fraud" and it is well understood in academic circles. The police were quite wrong to say that there was nothing they could do. I'm afraid that this reflects under-resourcing coupled with poor staff development and a poor attitude. There are offences being committed here and the girl herself is committing fraud contrary to sections 1(2a), & 2 of the Fraud Act 2006  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents   Of course the police will find it very difficult to do anything and given their resources, I suppose they have other priorities. However, you could be certain that if your family was related to the head of the local police force, they would be dealing with it PDQ. You say that this has been going on for a number of years – but you don't say how long. Maybe you had better give us a detailed account of what has happened. Please set out in a bullet pointed chronology so that we don't have too much narrative but a good structured idea of what has happened. This should include a list of the problems which have occurred and how they have been dealt with and also complaints which you have attempted to make. You definitely need to start taking this very seriously. How old is your daughter? In terms of opening mail, you should open every letter that comes to you and if you find that it is associated with this fraud, then you should photocopy it/scan it into a computer and start building up a file. I hope you have kept some of the correspondence and other documents which you might have received. Please let us know what you have. You are definitely going to have to start accumulating a robust file of evidence and I suggest that the first thing you do is you start sending SARs out to all of the organisations which have been involved and see if you can tease out of them any personal data that they might have which is apparently linked to you. Either they will provide you with a statutory disclosure – or, of course, it will be amusing if they say that they are more proof of your identity and that they won't let you have the disclosure because they are not satisfied that the data they have relates to you. I don't think you're in a position to make any serious complaint until you have put together a convincing file of evidence which shows that there is systematic identity fraud. We will help you to start to do this and help you to structure the file that you will put together and then we can begin to explore avenues to make a complaint. It also occurs to me that they could be a basis here for making a complaint under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 although this would be an unusual application of the act – but we can have a look when you put together your file.  
    • Correct.  If the breach of statutory duty continues then you issue another claim.  The distress you are claiming for is only the the distress you experienced up to the issue of the first claim.  
    • Thank you all for your help. Is there any way to find out what (if any) debt I owe?
    • Just quick one before I ship the letter this morning. Do I need to add parkingeye's reference number to the letter?   Thanks
    • The move to delist non-compliant companies coincides with a wider push to ramp up pressure on China. View the full article
  • Our picks

Can anyone help me please?? Rockwell/Arrow Global

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3154 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I really need some help on where I stand....

Around the 18th of march I received a trace letter in my maiden name ( I've been married for 10months)from Lowell/Rockwell, after reading these forums I decided to bin it as, as far as I am aware, the only debt I have I am paying off.

yesterday 2nd April i received a letter from rockwell saying i owe their client Arrow Global £199.04 and i have 10 days from the date of the letter 28th March to pay in full or call them to provide a full income/outgoing expenditure list if i want to pay in instalments. As the letter took 4/5 days to get to me I now have 4days....

I dont want to call them because I dont want them to have my number. The letter does not say who or what this debt is for apart from the debt collection agency Arrow Global, who I have never heard of!!

What should my next step be? Ignore it, or send some kind of letter?? Please help!! At this stage I dont want to tell my husband as i dont want to worry him unnecessarily. I feel sick every time i think about it :( ...I've read about their bad reputation for harassment!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Fist of all send them the prove it letter (Available on site) Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER call them on the phone. If you honestly feel that the debt is not yours then it is up to them to prove otherwise.

As for Income and expenditure nobody should fill them in if they are provided by a collection agent as they request far too much personal information.

Fist of all send them the prove it letter (Available on site) Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER call them on the phone. If you honestly feel that the debt is not yours then it is up to them to prove otherwise

As for Income and expenditure nobody should fill them in if they are provided by a collection agent as they request far too much personal information.

Thanks Crocdoc!! Tbh I have no idea if it is my debt as all they have told me is that I owe it to their 'client' another dca, so I have no idea what it's for! I shall get the 'prove it' letter out ASAP...is it in the library? Thanks again:)

Arrow Global is a debt purchase company that

recently has been chasing old mobile phone debts

Send this to Rockwell.

The Compliance Manager

Rockwell

xxxxx

xxxx

Ref: xxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write in reference to your letter regarding a debt for

xxxxx xxxx which you allege is owed by me.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to

your or any company you may claim to represent.

I have no knowledge of your ''Client'' or any liability

to them

There for unless you can provide strict proof of any

liability I have for the alleged debt within 7 days I

will consider the matter closed.

I would remind you of the OFT Guidance of 2003/2011

and the references regarding contacting alleged debtors

without being sure if you hjave the right individual.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...