Currys Careless (Sub-contracted) Delivery Men!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to this and I am wondering if there is anyone that can offer me a little advice? I bought a new fridge/freezer from Currys in November 2011. It was delivered promptly and carefully by two Currys delivery men (Just trying to show that they're not all bad!!) Unfortunately when it was delivered it turned out to be faulty and it had to be replaced.

Currys dealt with it adequately, not quickly but got the job done in the end after several visits to first see if it could be repaired - It couldn't! So in December we received our replacement fridge. Unfortunately on this occasion it was delivered by a sub-contracting delivery company who quite clearly didnt have the care and courtesy of the Currys team. Not only did we not get the promised phone call to advise us when they were half an hour away (so we didnt get a chance to empty the old fridge) but they turned up nearly an hour out of their allocated time.

We advised them that on the first delivery the men had to take the fridge doors off to fit it through the front door, to which I got a sarcastic reply of "and so you ordered the same fridge again?" and then mention that they didnt have a toolkit so couldnt do that. So anyway they unloaded the new fridge off the van and left it in the garden, in the rain, whilst they tried to manouver the old fridge out of our property. They dragged it along our tiled hallway and tried to force it out of the door. As a result they made quite a mess of our hallway floor, and in the end they miraculously found a toolkit and removed the fridge doors in order to get it out.

We got in touch with Currys after we had mopped up the mud and water left walked through the house (Yes it was wet outside and they were hardly careful!) which is when we noticed the long deep scratches on our floor. They asked us to get quotes for the repairs which we did and after 4 weeks of being told someone would phone me (they never did!) they finally told us that because the delivery was done by a sub contractor that it was not down to Currys to settle the claim. We were then passed on to this sub contractor.

We were passed to them in January and still their insurance company is stalling and haven't even sent someone out to assess the damage yet! I have had to send all the photos and quotes etc to them all over again but I dont seem to be getting anywhere! I would just like to know firstly whether I shouldn't have been passed to them, after all Currys arranged the delivery so surely it is their responsibility? And also what can I do to get the sub contractors to actually do something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Its been 16 weeks since the fridge was delivered, its beyond a joke!! :mad2:

Edited by Conniff

use the edit button on your post above and add some black line please

or copy n paste from notepad not word.

dx

ta

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome Sarah.

So the sub-contractors have admitted liability by sending it to their insurance company. What you do now is write recorded asking that a firm date is given to repair your floor and give them 7 days in which to respond.

If you have heard nothing after the 7 days is up, you write again, recorded, and inform them that if they haven't repaired the floor within 14 days, you will give the job to a local contractor of your choice and send them the bill where failure to pay will result in a legal claim.

You can make a claim on line, simple and cheap, but of course you get the cost back any way.

Thank you for your advice

should I write directly to Currys, or to the Sub-contractor or the sub-contractors insurance company? If I do pay for the work myself and then send them the bill how can I be sure they will pay it?

no i dont either i blame my keyboard - i meant blank lines

hehe

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Sarahbickerton,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue. I am sorry to read that you have had a poor experience with one of the contracted delivery teams that we use to complete our delivery service.

If you would like to email me at [email protected] and include your full address and any reference numbers that you may have I will see what is going on with the claim from our side to see if we are able to get things moving again for you.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

• 2 years later...
Hi. I know it's been ages since this was posted, but I'm having a similar problem with Currys and damaged floorboards. What was the result of your insurance claim? Thanks.

best you start a new thread

of your own

you wont get seen here

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks