not paid from job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a job just under a month ago, from day one the woman tried to get me out , my first morning saying she had some great applicants after she gave me the job, and it continued, no training, blamed for things I hadnt done, comments like im surprised your still here, and comments about me being left handed and eventually a big go at me saying id lied in my interview.

I should have known when she pressured me about having children in the interview that it was a bad move to accept it

But big problem I have no proof I was there, the job was given to me verbally, she didnt take my P45 or give me a contract and I was on 3 months trial which she didnt mention until day two. I only lasted two days the barrage of rubbish I got enough was enough.

Is there anything I can do, Ive emailed and tried to contact and all been ignored, I really dont feel I can face this person again but I lost alot of money getting to this job and really could do with the few days pay Im owed.

thanks

Write a letter to the employer. Headline it LETTER BEFORE ACTION.

Set out the hours you worked and the amount of money you are owed.

Give a deadline, I suggest 7 days, for payment to be made. State that if payment is not received, you will make an application to The Regional Office of Employment Tribunal with a claim of unlawful deduction of wages. You will also refer the matter to the National Minimum Wage Unit at HMRC.

Send the letter by recorded delivery.

If it goes without a response then you can take it further, have a look at the ACAS or citizens advice website they show you the steps you can take next. Proving it will be the most difficult but find whatever evidence you can, even phone calls or text received on your phone would help