• Tweets

• Did you send them a letter of rejection? You're still within 30 days and you should have done this. I emailed them with the details and advised them they need to refund the vehicle as it's within 30 days.They replied stating that they are not going to do anything. So I have had my response already. Ill address your other questions shortly.
    • We don't often advise appealing a PCN, it's true. It's too easy for people to out themselves as the driver and make things more complicated. We might suggest writing to a large supermarket chain or a hospital in your case, but rarely to the PPC. It isn't in their interests to allow appeals, they don't make any money then. HB
    • Can you tell us more about the car. Make, model, price paid, year blah blah blah. Please can you upload your claim form in PDF format. Was the castle with an MOT? What date was MOT? Who gave it the MOT? You have issued the claim – when did you issue it/when is the return date? How did you pay for the car? What other losses have you incurred – insurance, repairs, et cetera? You've been here since 2015 – and am curious to know why you didn't come here first before you started getting into formalities with them. You have a responsibility for the vehicle. However I would indicate to them that you are going to be charging him storage from the date that you first tried to return it to them and they refused. Did you send them a letter of rejection? You're still within 30 days and you should have done this. You say that you bought the car on 9 July. What they did you issue the claim? You should have implemented the pre-action protocol of giving them 14 days notice before you issued the claim. It appears that you haven't done this and this could pose a problem for you if the matter is raised in court. Why didn't you send them a letter of claim giving them 14 days? Please can you go to these questions carefully and address each one  
    • So, is frightened farage in westminster doing his utmost for his constituents ? or has he naffed off to suck up to the republicans in the US?   No prizes for guessing.   Nigel Farage defends flying to America to support Donald Trump as MPs debated King's Speech in Parliament CA.NEWS.YAHOO.COM The Reform UK leader was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where the Republican National Convention is being held   Someone check his UK expense claims
    • BTW do you think i need to include the Blue Badge or PIP letter or anything to do with housing in order to evidence my partner's disability or are the witness statements enough?  These can be easily added I just don't want a bunch of private health related documents in the public domain as you can imagine.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening again all,

Right onto the final one (was going to do the reclaims one by one but decided to do the lot in one hit!!)

Had an EGG loan and CC. When I went on long term sick, I managed to claim on the loan insurance. I didn't try reclaiming on the credit card as due to robbing Peter to pay Paul was still using it.

When everything went t*** up and I couldn't make minimum payments on the card I tried to claim on the PPI. I was told no because the card had still been active whilst claiming on the loan insurance.

I wasn't going to bother with EGG but Aktiv have started contacting me again (stopped token payments because original DCA failed to supply CCA back in 2009) and I believe Barclayshark have taken on all EGG accounts, and as I'm going through the reclaim process with them, have a feeling this one will pop up.

Is it worth me pursuing this one as I couldn't claim for the reason I stated above?

Could I claim for mis selling as there would of been a possibility they would of paid on the insurance had I claimed when I did for the loan?

Any advice and views, gratefully received

Many thanks

Up2

Edited by up2meears

regardless of if you've claimed on the PPI or not - you can still reclaim

al you do is take off the repayments they made [or not] off your SOC total.

go get 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not ALL EGG stuff has gone to BC.

your guess is as good as mine.

but if you've done the loan already. did you not already get the details in that SAR to EGG?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good morning all.

DX, sorry I didn't explain properly in #1. I claimed on the insurance at the time I was signed off sick and had no way of making the payment, which they paid (had about £3000 left to pay on it by that time).

Sorry, I'll edit post 1 so it's clearer.

Will this change your thoughts on being able to claim the CC PPI?

Many thanks

Up2

nope as i said, whatever they paid out on the PPI, justremove that from your SOC total

dx

and they