Poor 3d on Sony tv, do I have right to refund?

Steviec100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I bought a Sony TV on Friday (55 inch HX823) for £1150. There was no possibility of viewing it in the store (RGB Direct) but I was assured that as it has a Samsung screen, the 3D quality would be as good as the Samsungs (which are superb but cost much more).

Having got it home, I have discovered that the 3d is rubbish and having done some more in depth research, it's a common problem.

As the 3d was the main reason I spent this much on a TV (I know, should have researched it more) am I entitled to retire it for a refund?

HSBC - Claim amount £2008.50

19/12/2006 - Prelim Letter posted

02/01/2007 - LBA Sent

11/01/2007 - Offered £1700 and accepted as going travelling!

Nationwide credit card - Will start this mid March when I return from my hols.

(I think it will be around £1000)

Capital One - To follow, give me a chance!

Hi

A chap I know had a 3D Samsung TV that also had very poor 3D. He contacted Samsung and they sent him a Memory stick with an upgrade on it.

I would assume your Sony would have have an internet connector. If so, Why not try an see if there is a download for it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It seems that it's not that simple as the glasses do not sink up properly with the screen causing alot of crosstalk.

Sony are giving away some filters for the glasses but this is only to help another issue and not the crosstalk.

HSBC - Claim amount £2008.50

19/12/2006 - Prelim Letter posted

02/01/2007 - LBA Sent

11/01/2007 - Offered £1700 and accepted as going travelling!

Nationwide credit card - Will start this mid March when I return from my hols.

(I think it will be around £1000)

Capital One - To follow, give me a chance!

Just been to their website and read their terms... It states the following

Cancellation & Returns

If you wish to cancel your order prior to despatch, you must email us first at [email protected] and wait for a cancellation email. You can cancel your purchase within 7 working days after receipt of the goods provided the product is in a satisfactory condition and all the original contents are enclosed (See 'Delivery' for packaging). Returned goods not complying with this will be rejected. Please note that if you cancel an order, which has been processed and dispatched, you will be refunded the value of the goods less the return costs. However if you have received the goods and still wish to cancel or return, then please see collections. The 7-day period does not start until the day after receipt of the goods by the customer. Monies will only be refunded once we have received the returned goods, this may take up to a maximum of 14 working days.

I don't know if this is for online only orders, but it may just be worth inquiring, as it would seem more than fair if they refunded you!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar