Paypal problems... What can i do?

Guitarfreak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in a while!

recently i sold an iPhone 4S on ebay for £550 and i received the funds as soon as the buyer had won the item.

I proceeded to withdraw the money and then ordered another phone that i wanted,

a few hours after though i had an email stating that they wanted to collect the phone from my house at 11.30PM which i obviously denied

The following day i then receive an email that a "none postage of item" dispute had been raised,

i then messaged the seller saying i am going to post the item today etc please withdraw the appeal etc but i received no reply.

A few days passed and then i received an email from the seller stating that her account had infact been a victim of fraud and that she had not bought the phone.

She then returned the phone to me but meanwhile paypal had put my account balance to -550 pounds!

When i received the phone back a work mate advised me to setup a new paypal to continue with my ebay buisness

and to re-sell the phone but also to dispute the fact that my account is -550 for no fault of my own.

So i proceeded to sell the phone again and a music player on ebay

The buyers paid me immediately but then paypal limited my account,

since then i have posted both items and sent proof to paypal,

i have uploaded my driving license and a utility bill.

Unfortunately i cannot add my bank account because it is linked to my other PayPal account.

Now the problem is i have 700 quid frozen in this account and my other account is - 550!!

Paypal have said they will be keeping all funds for 180 days and then will decide if the money is mine or theres..

Surely there is some legal rights for me considering i have proof i posted both items?

Hopefully someone can help me here, i didnt know where else to turn!

and paypal are aware the orginal purchasers account was hacked?

if they are they cant refuse surely?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

use the live chat online

you get through straight away.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they've moved it since i used it some years ago

its under customer support on ebay now sorry

just search there for live chat

dx

and they

My account was frozen in 2007. I had no disputes against me - but had raised two against other Ebay sellers. I think it happened as I used the account from outside the EU in a country some would consider to be "risky".

Calling them ran up a £30 bill and got nowhere. They keep asking one new thing at a time to prove who I was and dragged it out over months.

In the end I had left the UK, and saw it entirely unlikely to get any further with them, and the time spent was exceeding the effort worthy of a couple of hundred quid.

Now in the process of moving back to the UK, about a week ago I called the FSO, and they said they would look into it, and seemed well versed with Paypal.

From reading about PP over the years, it seems they never defend civil actions, so that or the FSO may be the best way to refund your money.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?343755-Paypal-and-the-FOS.

Surely the buyer cant raise an item not recived complaint only after a day ?

So you withdrew the £500 and you now have it ?. Surely if Paypal have made your account -500 then you havnt lost anything ?

Also how is the item not recived case going ?. Surely you have proof of postage, which is what Paypal require, (I hope you used special delivery).

I can gaurentee that when selling highly desireble items such as iPhones, Tablets, etc at least one of the bidders is fraudulant, hacking someones account is very widespread (I was in same sitautiopn, selling a Tablet) and Paypal really should increase theior security (in the same way bank websites work).

Andy

Problem is andy... I got paid 550 and withdrew immediately which put my account to -550 when the buyer appealed it the day after...

Now i made the mistake of making a new paypal to resell the phone, i was advised by collegues to do that.

So i get the money paid in my new paypal, then paypal limit it so i cant withdraw anything or transfer it to my other account..

Ive said to them numerous times, transfer the funds to my old account it will clear the negative balance and the rest can stay in my account.. Each time i get a super long pasted email telling me the processes...

Im super annoyed now...

well good thats what he wants!!

link them and use one to pay off the other!

dx

and they