• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Westcot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had two letter from Westcot about a debt I have with the Natwest which has about 14k outstanding on it, I pay the load back through my Lloydstsb account at £50 per month, I am having telephone calls and like I say letters and the second letter is saying they have confirmed I live at my current address and I should contact them within the next seven days to speak with them, how do I stop them from harrasing me and why are they doing it if the debts bening paid anyway, help me someone what do I do???

Can you provide details of the debt - is it loan/cc/od as this will help determine the advice offered. Take it you have defaulted - is the £50 part of a repayment plan you have with Natwest. first thoughts are always to try to keep communications open with the OC rather than deal with **** DCA.

it was a loan which was taken out years ago and yeah i did default on it but I was poorly with cancer and had to give work up at the time, I set the standing order up with the bank 2 years ago I think it was and its paid religiously to them. thanks

I would do a CCA request to Westcot - should put on hold as they will need to go back to the OC for info.

I would not worry - if you have a repayment plan with them then unlikely to go further than begging letters from the DCA - thats all they are - just trying to get you to pay more.

2 points - any PPI on loan - is yes reclaim and is the £50 affordable??

Intend

Edited by intend
spelling

Ah reneging on an instalment plan

Reneging on an instalments agreement by, for instance, by beginning recovery measures directly or through an agent while the agreement is in place.

naughty, naughty nastywest

That would be against BCOBs and, as such, is an unfair action

EDIT a letter like this (amended accordingly) may be appropriate

Edited by rdm2006

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the replies but an up date and further advise I have request a CCA and had no response but I did yesterday however receive a letter from a soliciotr who I think are connected with WestCot and they are saying get in touch to either pay the balance in full or speak directly with WestCot to sort a repayment plan out, but I pay Natwest £50 per month anyway - HELP!!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies but an up date and further advise I have request a CCA and had no response but I did yesterday however receive a letter from a soliciotr who I think are connected with WestCot and they are saying get in touch to either pay the balance in full or speak directly with WestCot to sort a repayment plan out, but I pay Natwest £50 per month anyway - HELP!!!!

50p a letter solicitor for rent! Ask yourself, what sort of solicitor would allow their name to be associated with a bunch of third rate scumbags like Westcott!

If no response then send the Account in Dispute letter immeiately - proof of postin all that is needed. Stop payments til resolved - £50 still seems steep to me - is this affordable- remember it is a non priority debt - probably just paying the interest - need to see if they will stop interest if it is still being applied.

Intend

I have requested the CCA from Westcot and I have had no response and I got a postal order and i didnt sign the letter which i sent requesting the CCA. Then in the next couple of days of me sending the request I got the letter from the solicitors but I am worried they think I am ignoring them and the last thing I want is to have the bailiff at my door, help please

• 4 weeks later...

please help someone I have not yet had a reply from Westcot about the CCA and no I have a letter dated 4th May from Credit securty limited saying the debt collector is calling for payment what do i do??

IF the 12+2 days are up (i say if because i requested a cca on behalf of a friend around the same time as you) then they arnt in compliance send an account is in dispute letter.

Check to see if they recieved letter from your recorded delivery slip from post office on the royal mail website http://www.royalmail.com/personal

please help someone I have not yet had a reply from Westcot about the CCA and no I have a letter dated 4th May from Credit securty limited saying the debt collector is calling for payment what do i do??

Credit Security are even more inept and moronic than Westcot, full of useless bombastic threats with no follow up.

If anyone does show up, do what a Dallas cowboy would do and give them 5 seconds to ride out of town or else!!!

Forget about bailiffs, all this BS is a pathetic attempt to intimidate you in the hope of extorting money from you.

Do what Intend says, send the account in dispute letter if the 12+2 days are up.

Who are the so called 'solicitors', Westcot usually use Nelson Guest who are in house collections people.

Hi sillygirl, I became a valued client of Nelson Guest for a brief period, unfortunately our relationship failed to blossom further as I told them to feck off! Midas Legal are another bunch of clowns who would like you to believe the word legal in their name conveys some authority.....its all a game of bluff.

Credit Security are a joke.

Been through their letter cycle before and ignored them with no ill effect. Funny part is, they recently chased me on another matter and got their letters out of sequence. I got the 2nd letter in the series first - 'we cannot trace receipt of your reply to our recent letter. 'We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent IMMEDIATELY.....' Then got the 1st letter in the series second.

David

PS The 3rd letter in the series usually offers you a deal, if you are daft enough to pay them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had now the third letter from Credit Security Services which states I have once again disregareded there request for payment. They have been left with no alternative but to refer my account for the doorstep recoevery agent, and they are prepared to acce3pt a reduced sum in settlement of 7226.61!! what the hell is this about I sent them a copy of my original CCa request letter. What other action can I take??

• 4 weeks later...
I have now received a letter this morning from Westcot who say they have contacted NatWest and they have been advised the the opening agreement is unavailable due to the age of the account - does this mean now that Natwest can not pursue the monies??

Well they can continue to ask for the money and employ DCA's to chase you, (within reason). The would struggle in court without the agreement, even if they tried it on with a reconstructed agreement.

David

PS: Write to Wescot and place the account in dispute if you haven't already done so.