Possible theft by DHL driver - need advise!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

newbie here and need advise on a serious issue here.

An item which I ordered from a private seller was sent with DHL Express on Thursday. I have been eagerly waiting for the item and have been tracking it from the initial pickup.

Yesterday morning the tracking status showed the item was with the delivery courier (9am) so was hoping to get the item well before 5pm as its on the road.

I have waited ALL DAY and still no sign of the item. I called DHL at 5.30pm to know whats going on as the status showed its still with delivery courier. The agent on the phone said they will call the driver to know what happened.

The driver said the item was delivered to my next door neighbor as no one was home, which is shocking to believe as my whole family was in. Then after 10 mins or so (5.54pm) the tracking updates to say it was signed by LEWIS from Number 27 (my neighbour) - there is no one called lewis from number 27! There's an old bulgarian lady who lives there who was not even in during the day! Surely the tracking updates the moment the item is signed for???

I knocked and knocked no one opened the door. Neighbours arrived home at around 7pm and said they got no parcel. no one was even home to pick up the parcel!!

This ALL sounds soo fishy to me! First of all, the item was on road from 9am and it took until 6pm for the so called delivery? I was home at that time of delivery waiting and saw no DHL vans anywhere!

I made another call to DHL to say neighbours dont have the parcel. DHL dont work weekends so said they will call the depot on monday and try and see what happened by speaking with the driver etc.

Can someone shed some advise on how I should go about with this? I am really stressed as it was a very expensive item.

Edited by kamrankhan

This ALL sounds soo fishy to me! First of all, the item was on road from 9am and it took until 6pm for the so called delivery?

Quite feasible. They don't bring the items out one at a time, a van could literally be out making deliveries all day.

Can someone shed some advise on how I should go about with this? I am really stressed as it was a very expensive item.

Simple - contact the seller. It is their responsibility to deal with DHL, not yours.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It is quite possible that it was taken to the wrong address i live in a small village and my postman who has been doing this round for at least 15 years sometimes leaves my mail at the wrong address and other peoples at mine (only 6 roads in village) so it can happen, most delivery drivers try their best but mistakes with multi drop are quite common.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.