N power fixed tariffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone, how are we supposed to find out about all the fixed tariffs on offer if the company themselves dont mention them to you?

I shall try and explain the complaint i have as best i can.

I have been paying x amount per month to npower for approx. 10 months, i have now received a bill for over £600!! when i phoned them they said i needed to increase my payments by £20 per month just to cover what i am using absolutely no mention of being able to go on another tariff, if they had mentioned a different tariff 10 months ago that was available i would of being over paying what i use by £12 per month!!!!

So i find myself over £600 in debt when in reality and made aware of it i could of been in credit by now!!!:-x:-x:-x

So in a nutshell being on a standard tariff i was under paying and am now £600 behind, if told about a fixed price tariff i would now be in crdedit!

I hope this makes sense and was wondering if i could do anything about it as i feel completely ripped of:mad2::mad2:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MW2

Sorry to hear you think you have been ripped off. If you had been on a discounted internet price before you were put onto standard energy, you would have been advised, that at the end of the term for your discounted tariff, you would be placed on standard energy.

Standard energy prices are more expensive than discounted internet tariffs. The length of the discounted tariff is normally around 1 year, unless you are on a fixed price deal which can be longer.

Your energy supplier won't chase you up to find a cheaper deal.

Our Government have been urging People to shop around for cheaper energy prices, but this is still falling on deaf ears.

For some reason, many People are reluctant to switch their energy supplier, and because of this, £4 billion of discounted energy went unclaimed last year.

It really is down to you to check which tariff you are on, and if you don't do regular comparisons, you won't know whether you are getting a good deal or not.

Good luck, and keep an eye on your energy prices, no one else will do it for you!