DCA chasing Student tuition fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter from a DCA demanding college fees from 2010. I was forced to leave after1 term as the college wouldn't give me the next terms Timetable in time to arrange any childcare. Timetables were circulated the day before term started. They are now looking for almost £3000 from me. The total years fees were £5800

On a point of principle and the fact I have no income as a disabled person, I don't want to pay them. How can I stop these people (prelegal dept) taking further action or Money?

Really panicking.

Is this Moorcroft we are talking about ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As a starting point, I suggest that you contact the Student Loans Company to apply for deferment. Tell them about the DCA and ask if they can stop them chasing you as you're on benefits and don't have the income to pay them as you're on benefits. http://www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=93,3867045&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Having problems replying to Caro.

It's not the SLC chasing me, it's a DCA working on behalf of the college.

The college failed me on so many different issues that I. Was forced to leave before the end of term 1.

In that case I agree with johnvernon. Try and sort it with the college as original creditor. They'll have more discretion to reach a settlement.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 months later...

Good News! Just wanted to let you know that I did write to the college and they agreed to waive the debt in its entirety as they admitted they were at fault while I did attend.

Sadly the DCA, Incasso didn't respond to any letters I sent them (all special or recorded delivery) and even after getting written confirmation from the college waiving the debt, the DCA continued to chase the debt including a threat not to approach the original creditor under any circumstances about this matter. As they did this they continued to increase the amount of the debt without explanation or a breakdown. I haven't heard from them in a month now. I am considering making a formal complaint to the ombudsman about their behaviour. Don't expect it to make any difference.

So glad you got this sorted. :-)

I suggest that you complain to the Office of Fair Trading about Incasso.