BankFodder BankFodder

clairecmitch

Partners ESA claim affected by my income

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,I'm new to this site so please forgive any unintentional faux pas.My Partner is currently awaiting the result of an ESA claim.He claimed last year but was told that he did not have enough NI contributions to qualify and had to wait until Feb 2012.On his last phone call to chase them up he was advised that it was with an adjudicator awaiting a decisioon, but judging by his case notes it didn't look like he was entitked to anything.I earn £19200 groos and we get £100.05 housing benefit and £78 DLA each month.Does this mean that my partner will not be able to get ESA ??I've looked on so many websites and I'm still just as confused.Any info would be much appreciated.

I would assume that you work full time as you earn just over 19k..

To claim ESA IB a customers, partner, must not work over 24 hours. If they do then its a straight nil.

I dont think he is going to be entitled to ESA IB

if he doesn't have enough NI contributions, he won't qualify. It sounds as though this is the case.

He was told to re claim in Feb 2012 as his NI contributions would then be up to date for the qualifying period.

Is it possible that he may get ESA based on his NI contributions despite my earning ??

He was told to re claim in Feb 2012 as his NI contributions would then be up to date for the qualifying period.

Is it possible that he may get ESA based on his NI contributions despite my earning ??

Yes, it is possible, though of course we can't say for sure. Contribution based ESA does not take account of a partner's earnings.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.