ticket issued in BP garage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks.

Has anyone looked at the CEL web site? One page is entitled "Brutally Efficient". Nice people to do business with obviously.

BTW. I searched out the names and addresses of the Directors of CEL and made sure that it was sent to the MD Personally. None of this is difficult stuff as it costs £1.00 to download it from the Companies House web site.

The only thing anyone needs is some bottle to take them on, especially if you have been genuinely wronged. When the 'PCN' arrived my wife initially said "Oh, just pay it" as she thought it was from official Authorities - how many are caught like that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Seems CEL are a complete bunch of cowboys! I havent (touch wood!!) received any letters from CEL with regards to my parking ticket.. the last I had was a letter from Newlyn saying it had been sent back to CEL and that was at the end of March..... fingers crossed thats the end of mine too!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...

Hi folks.

I know this issue is quite old now but Civil Enforcement Ltd of Nottingham caught me 35 minutes over for parking in Aldi stores car park. Camera's up to snap you going in and again going out. Notices were up but I was used to it being Safeway and hadn't noted the change.

They sent me a notice in the post for £60.00 reduced to £30.00 if I pay within 14 days. I have been reading about a lot of success on here and would like to write them if someone can send me a copy of the type of letter being sent.

Would appreciate some help if there is anyone still on the case.

Regards, [email protected]

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have received a letter from this lot dated 25/07/07 we met someone in the car park by McD's to buy a car as i had travelled from Swansea to Birmingham then to Gatwick so the guy agreed to meet me in the car park to save me an extra hours journey.

Anyway we parked just before 7pm looked at the car and then test drove and whilst there decided to get some food in McDonalds so we ate then set off home around 8pm. Didnt thin k no more of it until 16/08 (weddibng anniversary, great timing scumbags) when i received this parking charge.

First bit of advice i need is that the letter states that the car was parked in Gatwick drive through North but i am almost 100% certain we parked in the South terminal with the BP garage and McD's (is this correct)?

They are demanding £75 in 14 days or £125 there after, could someone please advise if i am still able to contest this charge as i did not honestly see any parking signs as we were looking for the person we were meeting with the new car. Secondly i am concerned now that i will get a second charge for the new car.

Can anyone help me re this please? I am thinking of replying with the letter template on Private PCN / Parking Ticket - Wild Bean Cafe BP Gatwick Connect Petrol Station! - FightBack Forums the letter appears to be pretty comprehensive but wanted to check it out first.

Any advice will be greatly apreicated.

Warby,

Just challenge it. The letter you have found on pepipoo will be a good starting point. It will also help you to read the sticky at the top of the parking forum.

Thanks Rob S, just drafting the letter now, should i state in the initial letter that the location is incorrect as i was in the South Terminal and not the North as per the notice??

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Have received the usual letters from CEL and Newlyn about non payment. This morning have received a letter from Newlyn telling me they are about to start court proceedings against me, as have failed to pay the parking ticket, and court proceedings will allow then to send bailiffs to my home. Have previously wrote to Newlyn explaining am disputing this with cel(to which they have not sent proof as requested) and cel have said they will pass me to the debt agency. What should we do? I don't want to have bailiffs at my home nor do I want my good credit rating affected. Any help appreciated.:x

Hi All

Have received the usual letters from CEL and Newlyn about non payment. This morning have received a letter from Newlyn telling me they are about to start court proceedings against me, as have failed to pay the parking ticket, and court proceedings will allow then to send bailiffs to my home. Have previously wrote to Newlyn explaining am disputing this with cel(to which they have not sent proof as requested) and cel have said they will pass me to the debt agency. What should we do? I don't want to have bailiffs at my home nor do I want my good credit rating affected. Any help appreciated.:x

Firstly don't panic. This is just threats and bluster to try to scare you into paying up. Stand firm.

You have the right to present a defense in court. In the unlikely event you lose the case you will then have a certain number of days to settle the debt which will usually be the fine, filing costs plus some interest. Note this is set by the court not the DCA or the PPC. If you then fail to pay within the time specified by the court the plaintiff can seek to have the judgement enforced. It is at this point that bailiffs can become involved and that your credit rating would be affected.

Write back to Newlyn advising them the debt is in dispute and that they should refer this matter back to their client. Quote your previous letter.

(See the stickies)

Also tell them to cease and desist any forms of communications with you.

Send the letter recorded delivery and keep the receipt.

Send a further letter to CEL telling them to put up or shut up and also to cease and desist. See the templates letters.

Lastly keep all your letters on file and anything they send you as well.

If you get anything that appears to be a court summons check with the issuing court that it is valid. There have been cases reported where DCA's have mimicked court documents to scare people into paying. If you do receive a valid court summons (extremely unlikely) please post start a thread with the title "summons received". There are plenty of people on these forums who will be happy to help you mount a defense.

Stand firm.

Pin1OnU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pin1onu

How do I get to the stickies and template letters please? Have not yet worked out how to get to these bits but have been following this thread since june last year when we got our ticket from CEL. Getting fed up now with all the writing back and to, but have kept copies of all correspondence sent to cel/newlyn both of whom are aware that we are disputing charge.

Go back to the idex of threads in the parking forum.

At the top of this, there is thick line and then 4 thread marked sticky and then another thick line.

Template letters are in the second and third ones marked sticky.

Cunning titled Sticky: Private Parking Tickets - Template letters