ticket issued in BP garage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 2nd September 2006, i pulled into the BP garage at Gatwick Airport. i parked in a marked bay, bought a sandwich, a cup of tea and a newspaper, and got back in my car to eat my sandwich, drink my tea, and read my newspaper. Last Friday i received a parking charge from a private company(civil enforcement ltd) from Nottingham, asking for £150 , £75 if settled inside two weeks. Iwas parked there for 37mins(which i don't dispute), which was a breach of terms and conditions "prominently displayed at the entrance and around the car park". I don't dispute they were there, but i didn't see them.

what should i do?

steter from dover, successfully reclaimed £2700 from Abbey thanks to THIS website

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I've found another victim! I had a similar ticket issued on 8th September for my 'offence' on 22nd August. I have written twice to the company, and have received letters that do not address my queries or concerns. The tone of the letters is quite intimidating. I discovered your post as I have been searching the internet for advice as to what to do next.

I have specifically asked the enforcement company for a name and address for the garage, but they have ignored this.

I don't know whether to pay, then go into battle with this company, or hold out against them...

Guest ian cognito

just keeping sending them queries until they take you to court! won't they look prats when it gets to court and you prove you have tried to resolve the matter and they have completely ignored you? like these thugs are ever going to court!! You could always ask BP and the owners of the services to clarify the situation too!

Is this not just extortion?

I mean if you had not complained and just sent the money what would it have been for exactly, if, by just writing a letter or two they cancel it?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hello

My boyfriend has had a parking ticket today from the same BP garage and I dont know what to write in my letter... anyone able to provide an idea?

Thanks loads!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Thank you sooooo much - i will keep you updated!

C :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

I don't know how long ago you chaps parked up at BP/McDonalds at LGW South but last week there were huge yellow signs hanging from every lamppost decreeing the "max stay X and no return within Y" policy along with the charges (I can't remember exactly what they said).

Guess they've taken the DVLAs advice on signage then.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.. There were no signs like that when I was there. Still no response to my letter, will send them another one if I havent heard by the end of the week saying that I assume they have cancelled the ticket! Nightmare!

Hello

Still no response from company regarding the ticket.. Do I assume it has been cancelled or write again??

C

Hi C&D,

I wouldnt waste paper and ink on these parasites, wait and see if they write back to you before contacting them. Let them do the work. You may find that they realise they cant do anything about it by now and have cancelled it. ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

''''It would be interesting to see how the police would view such documentation if I made a complaint of attempted extortion, blackmail and deception'''

why dont you make a complaint?

just think of how many people have paid these morons

just think of how many people wont have to pay if the police take action

AND you will go to heaven!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

:-) Yeah, good point. I dont think I will write again.. I will leave it and see what happens..

Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it

C

HI POCA,

as they havent obtained anything yet wouldnt that be "attempting" to obtain property by deception under the Criminal attempts act? Correct me if I am wrong

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hello Falcon,

The obtaining property by deception would be an attempt, you're quite right.

The blackmail offence is complete once the unwarranted demand etc is made. No propoerty need actually be obtained.

The general point is though, that the offences under consideration are obtaining property by deception and blackmail, not some of the other "offences" mentioned.

Well.. i thought it was too good to be true, we received a red letter on Saturday saying we now owe £150 - I'm going to send another letter today..

hi guys.

Just found your website today because guess what - my husband & I recived one of those letters saying we too owe £150!!!

My husband parked there on the 28/10/06 as he was picking his mum up from the airport. I had phoned him to say her flight had been delayed so instead of going into the airport carpark & paying even more money ,go to the garage and get a drink & something to eat. What a expensive mistake to make! He went into the garage at 20.14 brought a coffee, something to eat & a newspaper, sat in the car to eat & read & left at 21.03. He dosn't remember seeing any signs about staying longer than 20 mins.

The thing that really bothers me is he spent money in the shop & sat in the car. He never left the car to go off the the airport - which iam sure poeple have done. So to stop these poeple from doing that they need to think of a different apporch.

I was reading some of the letters posted on here & come across one that said i wonder what veiw the police have.

Well I took my letter to the police staion & the police officer said it was a matter for citizens advice. She said it was very expensive but if they have a sign they are within their rights.

Please can anyone give us any suggestions as what to do next. Really don't want to pay as I think it's very harsh.

thanks

hard done bys :confused:

If your husband claims he didn't see the signs at the garage and adjacent McDonalds he should pop down the opticians. They are huge, (about 2-3 feet high) and there are lots of them mounted in prominent places around both the garage forecourt and the parking areas.

That said if he follows the advice on these forums regarding parking penalty charges on private land he may be able to avoid paying the charge.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.