£1 special offer umbrellas can only sell 3 at a time, went back for more - now £3, when already held for me

fdeluxe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I

found kids umbrellas marked at £1 each in a high street shop in Glasgow today

- I took 9 to the till, and asked if they had more in the stock room, thinking they would be perfect prizes for my daughters birthday party.

They said they could only sell three at a time (though it did not say this on the shop floor), then the staff upped the limit to 6.

They said I could buy more if I came back later.

They agreed to keep them behind the till and look out more from the stockroom, both of which they did.

I came back later as we had discussed and the price had gone up to £3 each - they had kept them behind the till but repriced them!

I bought one more at the £3 price thinking at least I'd have enough for the girls - but I feel a bit cheated.

I let off a bit to staff about how I felt this was unfair, but can anyone tell me

- do they have the right to do this?

Yes they can a) limit the amount of goods that you can buy at a certain price and b) sell them at whatever price they want or c) not sell them to you at all.

look on the bright side instead of £21.00 for 7 you have only paid £9.00 still a bargain.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Of course they can sell them for whatever price they want.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

It's over a month later. I would however say that given the past 4 weeks weather, the umbrellas were a good choice in gift :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar