Response from Minicredit about FOS complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK I heard back from the FOS who basically said that Minicredits charges were fair & I have to pay them everything they ask me for as they have their rates & charges written in their terms & conditions.

Not happy basically :-(

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can appeal against it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would try and clear the debt with OPOS if you can Daz. You say they are happy to settle at £230 - did you get a response from them as to whether this could be split over a few months? Does this £230 reflect your original loan/interest because it sounds like they have dropped the additional Mini Credit charges.

OK I heard back from the FOS who basically said that Minicredits charges were fair & I have to pay them everything they ask me for as they have their rates & charges written in their terms & conditions.

Not happy basically :-(

Not good. I'm currently waiting for the fos to come to a decision regarding my Minicredit loan.

Not very confident that they will find in my favour now:|

2nd July 2012 EarlyPayDay a/c Cleared!:-D

26th October 2012 Wonga,Go Cash & Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

30th November 2012

Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

FOS dont seem to be following the rules lately. They seem to be simply rushing the cases throiugh as fast as possible to hit targets.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If its still with OPOS get in touch with them to make a settlement payment plan and it's likely they will wipe the extra charges.

Should I do that or should I be waiting for the Fos?

If they rule against me I will land up having to pay Minicredit the full amount? No?

30th November 2012

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

Youve made my mind up! Im gonna make an offer of repayment to opos,not waiting to get bombed out by fos!

Original loan was £400 plus £100 interest less £50 that they managed to rape from my old account so £450 is the amount im due! I'll offer them £50 a month,no more no less!!!

Wish me luck!

30th November 2012

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

Youve made my mind up! Im gonna make an offer of repayment to opos,not waiting to get bombed out by fos!

Original loan was £400 plus £100 interest less £50 that they managed to rape from my old account so £450 is the amount im due! I'll offer them £50 a month,no more no less!!!

Wish me luck!

They should accept that since my loan amount was similar and they accepted £20 per month.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that Minicredit have placed a default on my account which shouldnt have happened if they had actually accepted a payment plan with me - is there any way I can get this removed?

Only by negotiation unfortunately. They are well within their rights to add one as you did default on the original agreement. You can contest the default by stating that if they had come to an agreement, there would only be late payment markers. Unfortunately with minicredit, you are unlikely to get anywhere with them short of a court case.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the judgement from fos and low and behold they have agreed with my complaint!!!!:whoo:

They have even awarded me a sum of money that Minicredit should pay me or reduce the debt.

They have basically said that I owe them the initial loan +1 months interest + the 1st default fee less the payments that have already been made! They also go on to say that an appropriate repayment plan should be agreed to if needed!

However Minicredit have disagreed with the decision and it will now be passed onto another adjudicator to make the final decision.

Is this normal? How likely is it that the second adjudicator will agree with Minicredit?

30th November 2012

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

Depends on the reasons minicredit put forward. Theyre basically pushing their luck with them, as theyve added on a ton of false charges, and if they admit they are wrong, there could be further repercussions.

If the adjudicator decides to side with minicredit, you need to demand full and complete reasoning why they sided with Minicredit when they have openly, and willingly broken multiple laws and regulations. Since the FOS upholds the complaint, they are party to this la\w breaking and allowing violation of regulation/guidance to go unabated.

Never be scared or ashamed to call them out on their failings. As with anything, its the only way theyll learn.

Chances are that your complaint will be upheld anyway. but if it isnt and minicredit do win, make sure you complain as loud as you can to as many outlets as you possibly can, because as ive said above, the FOS would be seen as complicit in the breaking of guidance, regulation and law.

Thats kinda what I thought.Someone else at fos wouldnt go against a fellow college very often.

They did ask if theres anything else I wanting to add I should do by a certain date.

Should I? I mean should I thank them for their decision?

30th November 2012

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

If its the FOS that said that, they mean to simply send documents if you have them, telephone recordings, things like that. The last thing you want to do is berate them.

• 2 weeks later...

fos back in touch saying that minicredit emailed asking them if they could try and come to an arrangement directly with me!

The nice man at fos said he has no objections to this and went on to say I might even want to get in touch with them! pfft FAT CHANCE!!!

Cant wait for the begging letters/emails to start,shoe on the other foot comes to mind! lol

30th November 2012

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

I would email back the FOS stating that you have already tried this, and wish to keep everything in writing, so email is your preferred format. Tell the FOS that Minicredit (include some of the threads on this post in the email) have a history of making an arrangement and going back on it.