Halifax allow Money Shop to DRAIN my benefits & create unauthorised OD against my wishes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@ Dx100uk]

They said that as soon as I sign a contract with a PD loan company, there is no way for Santander to stop them taking their money, even if the money is not there.

So get my partner to open an account.

I then get her to sign a contract with me.

I then hit her account for £100 000.

The bank then pays it out as it seems its all they claim they can do.

Bank writes letters to our now empty flat while we spend the next five years living a comfy life in the Canaries with it.

See - suddenly it seems the bank is talking rubbish.

Anyway - was this the topic not discussed on Moneybox a couple of days ago when the banks lost their case to pay out money against customer's wishes? (Re case won by Govan Law Centre last week.)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?347814-Continuous-Payment-Authorities-LTSB-and-Santander-admit-not-complying-with-the-Law

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?347813-Continuous-Payment-Authorities-LTSB-and-Santander-admit-not-complying-with-the-Law-!!

On Moneybox yesterday, two banks, LTSB and Santander, admitted breaking the law in not cancelling the CPAs when requested. Listen to the report and you will hear that people are being advised to request their banks to refund the money and interest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Makes you wonder why the banks arent being prosecuted. They are only private companies after all and delibratley broke the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I read further last night regarding the link I posted above.

Following last week's court result moneys banks paid to CPAs against account holders instructions must be repaid. An instruction was left in this thread that amounted to something similar.

Try mentioning that to the bank.

So get my partner to open an account.

I then get her to sign a contract with me.

I then hit her account for £100 000.

The bank then pays it out as it seems its all they claim they can do.

Bank writes letters to our now empty flat while we spend the next five years living a comfy life in the Canaries with it.

See - suddenly it seems the bank is talking rubbish.

Anyway - was this the topic not discussed on Moneybox a couple of days ago when the banks lost their case to pay out money against customer's wishes? (Re case won by Govan Law Centre last week.)

Exactly - it's a load of rubbish! It'd be a massive [problem] if this was true, the Halifax are in no position to "guarantee" payments without available funds, what a laugh! I sent the Halifax my last letter asking them to prove that these payments were guaranteed and telling them that this is the last time I am going to play the game of letter tennis with them. So they send a reply ignoring everything I asked for and then another letter having the cheek to say that they had exhausted their complaints procedure and that they're not going to reply to any more correspondence about it!

So now I take them to the small claims court and the FOS. How do I complain to the FSA too? On their website it says they don't respond to individual customers' complaints?

No, the FSA wont deal with individual complaints, nor will the OFT. However, this does not prevent you making a complaint to them. They will then add your complaint to similar ones in respect of that particular company.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update on this:

The only thing keeping this matter out of the small claims court is the complaint to the FOS. Despite this the Halifax have reported me to the credit reference agencies and passed the 'debt' onto some debt collection agency who are now (ironically) threatening me with legal action!

The bad news for the bank is that the FOS called me today to say they agree with me and that the bank have behaved disgracefully! So I'm getting all of the transactions reversed along with the maximum (that the FOS say) that they can get on top, which is £300. Pathetic IMO, they can afford thousands and I'm not sure if I should take it to the small claims court anyway for more money. Apparently they sent an offer of settlement to the FOS along with all of the letters between us (before any investigating had even taken place) so they know they're in the wrong here. They're going to have to pay the cost of taking my entry off the credit reference agencies too. Can I get anything back for them wrongly setting the debt collection agencies onto me?

Still, victory is victory, don't back down from these idiots and bullies people.

Send a quick letter back to the parasite DCA's telling them that the debt is in full dispute with the bank and to pass it back to them.

Then write a letter to the banks compliance manager about the Credit record, as only he has the power to remove the markers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

A quick question regarding this case - the Halifax have informed me that if a debt or transaction is in dispute (even with the FOS) then they continue with their recovery process regardless - close the account, register it with the credit reference agencies and pass on details to DCA's etc.

Now I believe this to be a bit of a porky pie and extremely bad practise on their behalf. Surely this is not true, is it? It wouldn't be the first untruth that they had told. If something is in dispute then surely the outcome of that dispute must be reached BEFORE any of the above actions are taken, right?

Check on the OFT Guidelines on Debt Collecting, whilst the debt is in dispute...

I am not sure that they can continue with the recovery process, however as we all know the debt industry likes to 'interpret' and misrepresent the actuality whenever possible to make you feel 'morally' obliged to obey their every command.

halifax have been on watchdog daily today

and state they have got it wrong regarding CPA cancellations.

they have pledged [and MUST by the LAW]

refund any unauthorised CPA payments & ANY charges incurred.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so there's been a few interesting developments in this case now. The FOS have now gone back on their original decision and decided that the bank are right!! This change of heart was apparently because they now understand that I did originally take out a loan with The Money Shop!

Despite being able to prove that I'd told the bank in writing that they were not allow ANY CPA transactions to go through, the bank allowed several of them. The FOS acknowledge this but say that it'd be unfair if I got those transactions back!! Unfair, lol. Against a bank! Despite the bank being grossly unfair when they took my benefit money.

So if I told the bank both verbally and in writing not to allow any CPA's then the bank do the opposite, how can I force them to give me those transactions back? Because the FOS think it'd be "unfair" to ask them to do this. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous.

I've had the same sort of worming out of questions from the FOS as I did from the bank. They ARE a complete waste of time.

Sorry, this is a strict instruction from the FSA.. what right to the FOS have to go against this ?

BCOBS