style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I am a student living with three other students in a house. Our contract started on the 16th September 2011 as a 12 month contract, however we all finish our studies by the beginning of June. After speaking to a few people I was informed that after staying in the property for 6months or more, by law, you can not be stopped from terminating your contract as long as 60days notice is given? I was wondering if this was in fact true, and if so, how I go about terminating the agreement?

Thank you!

No it is not true, unless a proper break clause is written into AST, even then a break clause does not terminate the T but converts it to SPT.

You could try negotiatiating an early surrender for all Ts, with LL

AST may state either side can give 2 months Notice but it can't take effect before end of fixed term (12m)

Hi

Fully agree with mariner51 on this.

You could also try and get someone else to take over tenancy but you would have to check with letting agency they may accept that as you have got a new tenant but they may hold you to 12mth AST you signed. Only a suggestion

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Katy, I would negotiate direct with LL if poss. LA will not be helpful IMO. LL is under no obligation to consent but will expect some compensation & costs. All Ts would have to vacate on same date.