style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A black van pulled up and i knew exactly who it was so I turned tv off and didn't answer the door. After the rossendale bailiff had gone i picked up a note at the door saying final notice magistrates liability order/distress warrant dated 7/7/2011 for council tax.

Now I know I've been stupid I made an arrangement at the end of jan and never made a payment. I suffer with bipolar and in jan phoned the council explaining this and at that time they called the dogs off. However, like many bipolar sufferers I had a wobble and forgot to pay; I'm signed off ill with severe depression at the moment.

I had intended to start paying on friday when I'm paid again. However, I got this treat this morning. I emailed rossendales and the council revenues explaining that I consider myself to be vulnerable but rossendales replied saying they knew that but take every case individually and were acting on behalf of council.

What shall I do? help I can't take the stress it's really very bad for me

Dinozzo

If you deny tossingdales a levy there is little they can do

if you have a car move it away

keep doors and windows secure

if need be ignore door just like you may ignore phone when you don't recognize number!

given time bailiffs will hand it back to council

i would say that you fall into vulnerable category

stay off phone to bailiffs

contact council by letter if need be explaining the situation they can call tossingdales off at any point

the bailiffs can NOT force entry if they not previously gained peaceful entry

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks for that. I'd asumed this to be the case. Is it worth texting the actual thug in a van reminding him I'm in the vulnerable category?

No do not contact the bailiff directly in any way, it will only encourage him to keep bothering you. I would email Rossers, and Council, include a scan of proof or vulnerability, and tell them that if they can attach to benefit that would be an option, otherwise a standing order of £3.50 per week may be an appropriate payment whilst you are on benefit, and that you will NOT deal with the bailiff as there is no legal compulsion on you to do so, further that due to your Bi-polar, and it's effet on your day to day life, the bailiff is making your condition worse,

BN

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks BN

i sent the email below to rossendales and the council. So far no reply. I also sent one to the council's chief exec. I'll be sending a letter to the council today further explaining the situation and hoping that on fri when I make a payment they will formally call off rossendales.

EMAIL----Ok having sought clarification and assistance I will firstly point out that there is no law or requirement for me to talk to the bailiff and your attempting to force me to do so is bad for my mental health and is clearly a way of protecting your own interests to prevent the debt being recalled by the council.

I will be paid on friday and I will be making the first payment of the agreement, a £100, to the council directly via their website.

If your bailiff attends my property I will make a formal complaint because regardless of your interpretation of the law I am currently signed off sick with depression and I have the mental illness bipolar syndrome which classes me as vulnerable. If your bailiff makes any attempt to enter my property I will call the police. He will not be allowed to enter my property. Any attempt to forcibly make a levy against any goods at my property will result in a further complaint.

Well I chose to go out today rather than hide indoors and when I came home I checked my emails. The chief exec of the council has forwarded my concerns etc to the head of citizen support who will look into it asap apparently.

Anyway it looks like the black van thug didn't try to visit again today.

• 3 weeks later...

an update

Rossendales tried to insist I talk to their bailiff to which I said no. I copied all my emails to my MP and the council's chief exec.

I paid my installment direct to the council via the web and explained via email to council and rossendales that rossers maybe entitled to 42.50 but as ct is priority they would have to wait.

Since then I have a letter from rossers saying the account is hold.

I'll keep paying direct to the council.

• dx100uk changed the title to Rossendales CTAX debt warrant