Cabot

Gia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a default on my credit files from Barclays in 2008. The balance defaulted was mainly made up of penalty charges. When I challenged Barclays about this and requested a refund of all charges, they removed some of the charges as a goodwill gesture. I toldthem the account was still in dispute and that I was lodging a complaint with the ICO regarding the default. They replied to me that the default was being removed as it should not have been put there in the first place.

Anyway Cabot has now bought this debt and upon checking my files today they have added a default for this Barclays debt. Surely if Barclays had to remove the default and admitted it should not have been placed on my credit files, then Cabot have basically reinstated the same default with the same date but under their name instead of Barclay's. Are they allowed to do this ????

In a word NO! they're not allowed to do this, the information on YOUR credit file, MUST be accurate, this is not, instruct the credit ref agencies that the information they have allowed to be placed on your file is innacurate and libelous, if they fail to remove it immediately, then they will find themselves stood alongside crapbot in court for defamation which you will win and receive damages for.

|A formal complaint must also be made to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Also demand crapbot send you their complaints procedure and exhaust it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I thought this was not allowed but before giving them the what for, I wanted to be sure.

What about Barclays here ? they have sold on an account that they knew was in dispute, is this also not allowed ?

The credit reference agencies will just say they are contacting Cabot and refuse to remove it. Cabot will come back it is correct. So what is the quickest and easiest way of dealing with it?

Correct do you have the evidence from the default removal

if so copy it and send your Formal Complaint to Cabots

Data Controller.

Copy the letter to the CRAs and get a notice of dispute palced

on the entry.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

you know this is why i hate the credit referencing agencies any muppet origination can place what ever they like there and once they do its hard as hell to get that information removed. Do as the 2 previous posters said to do.

The Tally so far in order of appearince:

Intrum Justica

:DNow gone from my life

Metropolition

:DGone and had to repay me 500 pounds

Red(Lowell)

:DCase Closed

Aktiv Kapital

:pWas so sad yo say good bye. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

MBNA :oops::-) No CCA No Debt You lost

Yes I have the letter from Barclays regarding default removal. I will be sending copies to Cabot and the CRA's.

I know Cabot have reinstated the same default under their name, as it is the same date as the Barclays default and for the same amount. Barclays removed this default in late 2008.

I have printouts of my CRA files from 2008 showing the default and then later printouts where the default is no longer present.

Good, just make sure the letter is headed FORMAL COMPLAINT

and state you do not acknowledge any debt to Cabot.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: