Stage 1 complete

davidmouche
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

New here too. We defintely fancied having a go at Barclays so DPA letter now sent.

Awaiting for their reply. Will keep you informed of any evolution.

Thanks to BAG founder(s). Great idea and seemingly an efficient one too.

Happy days

Barclays: £860 Claim, Preliminary Letter sent

WELCOME David, yes keep us posted on your progress.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Will do !

I must add as well that I sent my DPA letter as recorded delivery. Cost a few pennies but then you can track the exact delivery date, therefore begin the 40 days countdown.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what we got from Barclays (Mr Townsend)

Dear mr XXX

COPY STATEMENTS BARCLAYS BANK

I refer to your letter, (date I sent it) which was passed to me for comment due to your mention of Data Protection Act.

I can confirm that your request for copy statements is underway and these should be supplied to you shortly without charge on this occasion. In the circumstances your cheque is returned herewith.

As regards your comments about manual intervention could you please explain what you mean by this term and in consequence which records you believe may be of interest to you. In general terms, however, I can advise under the DPA you are entitled to a copy of material held across the bank that qualifies for disclosure as your "personal data" - this is known as data subject access request. To initiate the process Barclays will require payment of a £10 fee per individual which should be payable to Barclays plc, directly to this department. Upon payment of the fee (s) the relevant information will be replied as promptly as possible.

Yours Sincerely .......

They don't seem to understand the term "manual intervention" but they are sending the statements free of charge. Slightly confused but I guess it's ok?

We'll keep you posted

If you wish, you can respond to this, but you are not obliged to.

You can simply ask them to refer questions to their own legal department - since the evidence you have requested may be of importance to both parties in the future.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes this is a standard delaying tactic and my boyfriend recieved the exact same letter.

In fact i read a while ago that someone recieved the same letter and jonni2bad told him to reply saying this:

You require details of all charges levied against your account for the past 6 years. If you (the bank) decide that you would like to provide full statements for this period then I am happy to accept these.

With regards to manual intervention, if you hold details of any member of your staff becoming personally involved in the implimentation of those charges, I require you to divulge it with the name or initials of the staff, the action taken and the reasons for their decision making.

If you do not show details of manual intervention but suggest that there has been some, then I have the right to attend your offices and view the details personally - an option which I may choose to take at a later date.

If any part of the above request requires the fee you have mentioned, then please (((withdraw funds from my account / accept the enclosed cheque etc etc whatever suits you)))

See you in court soon.

A happy customer.

My boyfriend replied to Barclays using this letter as well. Hope this helps but its really thanks to jonni2bad!:)

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Here's the update.

Following the letter received from Barclays (see previous post), I actually decided to do nothing as they seemed to be willing to provide the requested statements at no cost.

So I actually ended up getting those and after going through them, found out that I have paid £860 during the past 6 years.

I have now prepared (or should I say, copied) the template letter found in the librairy where I request the Repayment of charges.

I will send it early this week in order to keep on the ball rolling.

I do have a question though. Would anyone know where I should send it to ? I mean, should I send it to my Branch or is there another address I should use ?

Answers appreciated and updates as soon as something comes up.

Guest Lueeze

Its up to you, check the thread at the top of the Barclay forum, you will find contact info there. Its your choice where you send it, but Head office may be best as oppose to Branch, as they will only have to forward it on. Entirely up to you!

Dont forget to send it Recorded or Special if you can afford to!

Good Luck

Lou x

The Leicester address might be the best, as it is used as a central mail forwarding office. There may well be less delay reaching the correct office by sending it there.

Barclays Bank PLC

Leicester

LE87 2BB

Hope this is of some help.:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks