major tax credit problem

linfield26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi really need some advice regarding tax credit inquiry.

i recieved a letter from hmrc this week saying that they were doing a inquiry into my single tax credit claim for 2010/2011 and 2011/2012. It said they have information that a mr x might be living at my address. mr x is the father of my children that i have a very on/off relationship with but he has never lived with us and has never paid any of my rent/bills etc. my problem is a few years ago he asked if he could get his letters send to my address and i said ok his bank statements came to my address and payslips etc. the letter said to phone a number by a centain date or my claim would stop. theres a lot more to tell but i cant fit it into this thread. help

That was not a good idea but what you need is proof of HIS rent during this time. If you get this then you prove he loved somewhere else.

Speak to local CAB about this as it will still get complicated ;)

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

hes living with his mum and dad and they pay the morgage, i spoke to the cab and they told me just to ring them and explain that he uses my address for his letters. i phoned the number and got asked lots of questions about mr x how long hes been living at his etc and who payed my bills. i asked them what information they had and they said bank account,2 loans and that he tried to get a credit card on my address! nearly died!. they have asked me to provide prove of his address. i got in contact with him right away and went nuts and he admitted getting 2 personal loans from the bank. im in big trouble dont know what im going to do. im going to go to jail and i have 2 young children. i dont know where to turn i cant sleep or eat just constant worry

Hi lin

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem is resolved, it could help other people.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

hes living with his mum and dad and they pay the morgage, i spoke to the cab and they told me just to ring them and explain that he uses my address for his letters. i phoned the number and got asked lots of questions about mr x how long hes been living at his etc and who payed my bills. i asked them what information they had and they said bank account,2 loans and that he tried to get a credit card on my address! nearly died!. they have asked me to provide prove of his address. i got in contact with him right away and went nuts and he admitted getting 2 personal loans from the bank. im in big trouble dont know what im going to do. im going to go to jail and i have 2 young children. i dont know where to turn i cant sleep or eat just constant worry

Go back to CAB with this new information as this really complicates things. Too Much for me... Sorry.

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)