• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone in my opinion one of the worst! Nightmare!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, thanks for taking time to read this long winded nightmare!

signed up 2 and a half months ago, rang up after 1 week and asked if i can pay via barclays counter payments, was told that was fine and to pay my first bill onwards this way. Great i thought, i was wrong!

Paid over the counter only to find vodafone had tried to take via direct debit from my account TWICE as they was being returned due to the money not being in there as i paid it over the counter!

Rang up was advised it was not done and that the advisor had done it then, Thanks does not help me but hey its done.

Bill date came went ot pay over the counter and guess what? Vodafone twice again tried to take the money (not in there again as i had the cash on me to pay over the counter) Rang up and was told that it was only half done? whats half done? and now it has been done properly. The lady told me EXPLICITLY down the phone that it was VODAFONE's fault and that i would NOT get a late payment on the system as i was looking to get a ipad.

So payed the bill as agreed over the counter Yes it was late but only because i was sorting out this mess.

Anyways rang up to take out a second line (i know what was i thinking) as i thought ok give them a chance mistakes happen only to find out that i now have to wait 3 MORE MONTHS due to this payment being late THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN!

Absolutely shocking. So i ring up today only to be hung up on twice and have a lady completely ignore me and just kept saying "anything else i can do for you"

Eventually after about 6 calls i got thorugh to a guy who again ADMITTED it was vodafones fault and advised me he was resolve this and speak to his manager to get me the second line as it was their fault, GREAT i thought finally someone who knows what they are doing.

After 42 minutes of being on hold he comes back to tell me to ask someone in my family to take out the contract in their name and then change it to me in 3 months lol WHAT???? NO i should be eligable as the thing thats stopping me is due to VODAFONE, he then said there was nothing he could do.

So lets get this right

Vodafone screw up

Vodafone admit screwup on more than one occasion

ME the customer gets penalised

Brilliant. worst phone provider on the planet, most useless customer services on the planet!

I have now spoken to my solicitor who will be persuing to terminate my contract without charge due to Vodafone breach of contract. Also Phone recording will be requested for evidence.

The only suggestion i can make is if you don't one day want to lose all your customers employ decent representatives!

See you in Court.

Tony

Hi and welcome to CAG

I can honestly say you are preaching to the converted here. We see Vodafones appalling customer service and attitude on a very regular basis however, we do have a VF rep on board who would be more than happy to have look for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-jANUARY-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Follw the instructions fully then post the automated reply number on this thread. Lee will then be able to find you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Tony,

Thanks for making me aware of your dissatisfaction here.

As you've followed the advice provided by silverfox I can confirm that I've received your email and as such will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Spoke to Lee yesterday (thanks for calling) but now find myself restricted! even though payment was made monday over the counter at barclays.

Also noted this is VODAFONES fault why the payment was late to begin with.

Absolute joke!

Also on a side note i wish i had seen this section of the forum BEFORE joining Voda the sheer amount of complaints is mid boggling!

Just heard from lee phone unrestricted and hopefulyl a final resolution to my issues.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Lee and a message to Vodafone , why can you not hire or train more people to be like Lee? Vodafone would be a much nicer place if you did!

Thanks and i will update one a final resolution has been made!

Right the saga continues!

Take a trip into town, i pay the outstanding balance as requested AND aprils bill as requested, re set up direct debit as requested.

Go into vodafone shop about a second line as my account is noted up from all this.

The guy in the sho could not be more unhelpfull and acts as if he cant be bothered to work today, he rings them up (second line team), i ask him to ask them to check my notes etc... he goes off then comes back and says it been declined as 3 months payments blah blah blah. Which is what the notes are on there for to sort that!

I then ring voda to ask for teh second line people to explain situation the woman on the phone speaks to them and comes back and says as its vodafones fault they will erase my payment history for a second line which will take 3 days! meaning 5 days to wait because of weekend! Why DID I PAY NEXT MONTH THEN?

I have had enough of this now its beyond the joke, my time is being wasted and quite frankly am sick of speaking to people who dont listen!

Most mobile phone contracts are paid for like this:-

Line rental in advance (so you pay for next months line rental)

Phone calls in arrears (so you pay for the previous months phone calls)

Let Lee look into the 2nd line issue aswell... I'm sure he'll contact you or update this thread :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Lee for all his help and would now like to say (pending delivery tomorrow) all is now resolved!

I would urge anyone before getting frustrated to follow the instructions on here as there are people willing to help at vodafone you just need to find them.

I really wish all vodafone employee's was as professional and as good as lee and i would also like to note although i did not get her name the lady who processed my line today (who did the order) needs a mention too as this lady was excellent and credit where credit due!

Maybe at some point Lee could forward my gratitude to her?

Thanks

I really wish all vodafonelink3.gif employee's was as professional and as good as lee

You will never know how much we agree with that statement. Cost savings in the face of customer service is very poor planning

As soon as things are fully resolved, can you let us know and we will alter the thread title to reflect this

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Lee for all his help and would now like to say (pending delivery tomorrow) all is now resolved!

I would urge anyone before getting frustrated to follow the instructions on here as there are people willing to help at vodafone you just need to find them.

I really wish all vodafone employee's was as professional and as good as lee and i would also like to note although i did not get her name the lady who processed my line today (who did the order) needs a mention too as this lady was excellent and credit where credit due!

Maybe at some point Lee could forward my gratitude to her?

Thanks

Hi tonsta31,

This is excellent news, thanks for updating the thread to confirm that matters are nearly resolved for you.

I'll also ensure that your kind words are passed onto to the lady who helped you with your order yesterday afternoon.

Of course i will thanks silverfox you have been a great help :)

I will post in the morning once (hopefully) all is delivered

Having checked this I can confirm that everything appears to be going to plan with your delivery.

Best wishes,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK