PPI Complains (Have I gone about this the right way?)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've started to look at reclaiming miss sold PPI on a number of Loans dating back over 10 years, one of which was with Egg. It was taken out over 5 years in March 2001 and topped up after just one repayment and then paid off early in December 2003.

Before finding out about this forum I've contacted them by phone to ask for details of my account. At the time they asked if I wanted to make a complaint and naturally I said yes, as at the time of the loan I was (and always have been) self employed. I also asked if I could have copies of the loan agreement and statements. They said that they couldn't send either because they no longer held them and that there was no point in me sending them a DPA request as I may pay £10, wait 8 weeks and still not get the information I asked for. That said, they also told me that my loan/loans DID have pre-paid PPI on them. They went on to say that thew would investigate the complaint and give me a resolution in up to 8 weeks. They also said they would send me an acknowledgment letter in 5 working days which hasn't arrived! After reading some of the posts on here I'm not convinced that I've gone about this the right way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've started to look at reclaiming miss sold PPI on a number of Loans dating back over 10 years taken out with various companies - HSBC, Egg, Sainsburys and Barclays Partner Finance.

Before finding out about this forum I've contacted them all by phone to ask for details of my account. At the time they all asked if I wanted to make a complaint and naturally I said yes, as at the time of the loans I was (and always have been) self employed. They went on to say that thew would investigate the complaint and give me a resolution in up to 8 weeks. They also said they would send me an acknowledgment letter in 5 working days most of which, as yet haven't arrived! After reading some of the posts on here I'm not convinced that I've gone about this the right way. If that's the case what is my next step? Have I damaged my chances of getting my money back by starting my claim this way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As they have initiated a complaints procedure on your behalf, I would give them a few extra days for the acknowledgement letter to appear, If it doesn't then you can WRITE to them asking for details of what was discussed over the phone

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks. My next jobs is to find addresses for all the relevant companies/departments. Is there anywhere I can find these all in one place? I really wish I'd started this by letter in the first place!!

It really depends on what you intend to say in the letter. Foe example, if you want your data, you address the letter to the Data Complaince Manager. If it is a complaint then it goes to head office. See what I mean

What addresses are you after?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The advice on here is to do a SAR where you request all the info on the account, at the start (unless you have all the info regarding the account already).

Mostly this is so you can check any offers are for the correct amount and so you have all the info if you need to take further action ie FOS or court. This is sent with a spreadsheet where you calculate the figures you expect and a letter regarding your claim. Plus the FOS official questionaire filled in. You will probably find the banks may well send you something akin to the questionaire anyway, depends which banks it is.

The banks are mostly following the official guidelines for the calculations so in theory their figures should be correct, BUT do we trust the banks to get it right every time?

I think I would see what happens next and if required to go for further action you can always do any requests at that point.

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Sainsburys bank

Sainsbury's Bank plc, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT

I tend to use the head office address and let them forward it on to the Data Complaince manager

Still looking for HSBC

HSBC BANK PLC

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

For Subject Access Requests, head your letters to the Data Compliance Team or Manager

hi Paulkk,

I'd send the DPA, they have to give you your info, they obviously have it or girl on the phone would not be able to tell you that ppi was included. You will also be able to work out how much they owe you.

M

• 2 weeks later...

I have started PPI claims on a number of products

I have had with HSBC and one loan with Egg as at the time I was, and still am self employed.

I first made contact with both companies via telephone.

Both have now sent me standard FOS questioners.

I the meantime I have been told it's best to start the claim by sending an SAR, which I have done.

I have since spoken again to both companies by phone and both have told me that there is no need to wait for a reply to the SAR's

and that I should just fill in and return the questioners and they will investigate the matter fully.

In the case of Egg they said they may not even be able to give me the information I requested in the SAR as the loan was paid off in 2003.

Recently my business has taken a downturn and I'm very short of money.

As a result I need to get the claims through as quickly as possible.

Do I take HSBC and Egg on their word or do I stick it out and wait for a reply to the SAR's and take that route?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

ALWAYS produce an SOC.

then they know YOU mean business & you KNOW whtat you SHOULD be getting back

each claim should contain

FOS CQ + SOC + covering letters..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have merged your three thread on basically the same subject. PPI reclaiming.

i would KEEP to one thread

until

you get the SAR returns

then create a thread for EACH reclaim then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...