Disgruntled Halifax Customer for too Long!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my DPA to Halifax Credit Card Services exactly a month ago via email and a letter. I got a swift responce with all my credit card statements within 7 days, I took a look and I worked out that they owed me £365 in charges.. But I never took it any further as I was concentrating on my main account for which they owe £3K (I was just come back to that after).

Funnily yesterday Halifax Credit Card services sent me a letter saying they would refund ALL of my Charges for 6 years £365 and I didn't even ask for it! :-o

So - I called em and the nice lady who sent me the letter said that they had been told to respond to DPA with full refunds!!! OHMYGOD, I nearly fell off my chair!

I happily accepted full & Final payment for my credit card account and will continue chase amount owed from Current Account.

Just goes to show, this website must have definately got Halifax changing from the inside out.

Knowledge is power !

Peace

Good Luck Everyone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent stuff.

Fair play to you.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

jammy, jammy, jammy get!!!

that's great though! Think I'll be forced to send a DPA for my closed halifax credit card out of interest now! :p

did you get the chance to calculate your interest?

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

Naughty eh? I got out of work and it was lovely and sunny still and the last thing I wanted to do is work out a bunch of stuff on the computer so I got a beer and sat in the garden! oooops! :rolleyes:

I'll do it tonight:smile:

As for the Credit Card! RESULT or what! I'm chuffed with that!!

If you do your DPA for Credit Card Halifax send it to this lady cos she's well nice!

Linda Mackay

Halifax plc Card Services

Customer Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Fife

KY99 4BS

It's weird init that they've just done that! Nice little Brucie Bonus!

Quite right too - you'll no doubt need another beer or five when you've calculated the interest!

I really should get these forms done while the office is empty...

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

Quite right too - you'll no doubt need another beer or five when you've calculated the interest!

Oh when that money from Halifax comes through +8% I think it'll be closer to five or ten beers!! Woohoo! :lol:

Yeah get it done while office is dead. LOL

Had letter this morning offering £1.5K.. In response I called the chap who sent it and I told him that if thats all they're prepaired to offer than I will be taking it as far as necessary to claim back the money they took for me when I was in my hour of need :( (Oscar worthy?) .

Thing is, I remember being in such financially embaresed due to the nature of my work at that time and I remember approaching Halifax for help and get Jack Sh*T help (I told him, only a little more elequantly put). This is the reason (I said) that i'm so determined to get all of the money back and I will go to whateve length to get it!!!

Erm, ok Mr Sgt_Bilko (Digruntled Halifax customer for too long!) i'll make a note of that and send you a letter out.

So tonight i'm gonna pull my finger out and work out the % on the £3k and get onto MoneyClaim.

In the timeless words of Winston Churchill - We shall fight them on the beaches!

Insane Rant-Over!

Peace!8-)

Yeah - bring them on! They're really useless and not interested in helping. I approached them once as well and asked if I could have a small O/D to cover any direct debits that might come off before I got paid and they said - not if you've had charges in the last six months!!! so basically they don't want you to get out of the rut you're in, but then the following week they approved me for a mortgage, I had to laugh :grin:

• Confused 1

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

Yeah I remember I had Direct Debits all over the show and I just needed an extension on my overdraft and they was like no way dude!:-x What is that 6mth charge bull**** all about? it's a con! they know that people get em around the time when they might need a little help! oh god I hate Halifax so much! :)

I didn't wanna use em for the mortgage just becasue of the sh*t they'd put me through in the past.

I so can't wait to get off work! it's scorching outside! :cool:

here here! i wish there was wifi in the streets of glasgow and I could sit in the street with my laptop! in fact I'd rather be sitting in a beer garden somewhere!

have you opened a back up account elsewhere? I haven't as yet, I had actually opened one of the moneyback accounts with the halifax before I started this - I'm wondering if they close my other account if they even realise that I have the moneyback one too :p

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

oh step ahead of the game me! :-)

I opened a new current acc with lloyds-tsb, a new visa with egg and a new saving acc with some indian company called cscscs or something? saw it on moneysavingdude.com.... it's something like 5% aer on any amount you put in (which i'm no expert in but it sounds pretty good)

I jsut have too much time on my hands I think is the underlining problem LOL. I always fancied doindg what I do now cos everyone said it'd be a challenge.. haha and it's so not!:lol:

You are prepared aren't you!!

Wouldn't it be good if we all made enough to never have to work again :rolleyes:

My £400 seems such a measly amount compared to some but I've been doing this for my boyfriend too and his charges are over £4k, LBA away today - woohoo!!

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

either did he - he had no idea! In fact he sat back and played his xbox while I tallied them up - if only I could work out a way to get the money back without him realising - the fun I could have hehe :p

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

that'd be funny - If not you should at least charge him a rate. 30% I think is fair! :lol:

Dont tell him I said that though! He'll be down to Bolton quicker than you can say Hoots! :D

Yeah, 30% if they cough up before court 35% if I need to go through the process of taking it to the sheriff! We can only claim up to £750 at a time so it's going to be fun and games if I need to launch a load of separate claims - like it's going to stop me!:-x

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

hehe - I like you're thinking!!:lol:

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

fling in a holiday and that sounds like heaven!

anyway, I'm off to get my hair done (honestly)!!

look out for the next instalment tomorrow! haha :oops:

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

hey, my first post here....

read all the way through this post and its given me more confidence (as if i needed any more after the help from this site!) to go ahead and try to nail these b**t*rds for all i can!

just about to send the DPA letter off to them, will be very interesting to see how much theyve charged me over the last few years. im banking on about £600.

Just received a lovely letter from them listing charges for every action they take for me in the future.... they should talk to BT about their phone charges cos at the moment apparently its going to cost them £10 everytime they call me, which of course i get billed for, as well as every other action on the planet, im sure i'll be told soon im paying for them to go have a cr*p at lunchtime! I quite hope they try and rinse me for tons, it'll just make it more enjoyable when i get it back!

glad to hear all you guys are getting on well with your claims, i shall keep u all posted with whats happening with mine! fingers crossed!

thanks for all the info you've given about your cases, its helped a lot :)

just had a nice phonecall from them telling me to pay off the money that im over my overdraught with, when i explained i had been made unemployed and i wouldnt be able to do that currently, i was met with a very cold "well u have to".... charming for a customer thats been with them since i was 5 years old!

they then told me to get someone else to pay it for me, and when i said well i cant do that im afraid they told me again "well u have to"...

basically all in all i got told "there's nothing we can do etc etc, and you will continue receiving very high charges blah blah blah"

told her about the letter they would be receiving soon but she said "u can send anything you like it wont make any difference"...

makes me get all the more excited about taking them on! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Essjaydee,

I dont know if you know but you could do with starting your own thread so that people can keep up with how your getting along.

Good Luck with your responce from the DPA Dude,

Let us all know how you get on. :-D

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

Any developments with your claim bilko?

I've had no word since taking my papers to court :-|

laura

LBA sent 12th May

Cheque received 7th June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks