Lowell P debt and a nice letter this morning ;-) and a thank you!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the rite place or not, sure it will be moved to somewhere more apropreate if need be.

My partner received a letter a few weeks back from lowell about an old cap 1 debt owing for just over £1500 with the usual rubbish of we will blow and blow untill your house falls down type thing.

I noticed on there letter it stated no payments since 28/11/2002.

Mmm, i thought. Sent them the SB letter from here and low and behold we awoke to the postman this morning with just 1 letter from lowell, great i thought, just had a nice relaxing weekend and now what rubbish am i going to have to deal with this early.

Had a coffe then opened the letter,

Your account is now closed , limitation act 1980 now applies, we have closed your account.

YAY:whoo:

Now, to the point. Without this site and the peole on here we would have been crying over this and wondering how we are ment to pay anything like this off, but, because of "this" site and the "wonderfull" people on here, i new, straight away they could not chase it and would have to look elswhere for there lunch money lol....

So this post is a MASSIVE MASSIVE thank you to this site and all who sail within her/his pages.

My monday feeling is of joy and not dred, which as most no, moday is the bringer of bad news a lot of the time.

So i'm of to the garden to enjoy a great day (mainly due to you all and all the info on here and partly to the sun lol)

So again, thank you everyone for being part of this wonderfull site and everyone helping each other out.

Thank You all..........:humble::first::cheer2:

The power of CAG and the internet!!! Information is freely available these days, it's a shame more people are not aware of it, older people especially. Problem is a lot of people are afraid to talk about their debts to friends. Anyway you are obviously not one of them and you have come out smelling of roses, well done.

Keep that letter very safe so you can report when the debt gets chased again!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Keep that letter very safe so you can report when the debt gets chased again!

Oh yes, the letter is going in with the important docs for safe keeping.

If it was not for this site i would not have known about it being SB after 6 clear years so the letter this morning was a nice surprise.

I no it will probably come back at some point from someone else trying to chase it but i no they have no hope, ever to do anything about it other than be annoying with a few phone calls and the odd letter. All thanks to everything i've read on this site....!!!!

Today must be the day that Lowell send out letters re closing accounts lol I too have had a letter from Lowell saying that they can't find my original agreement from HFC so they are closing my account! I echo everything that nohope says re this forum! I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and the heart of my bottom! This is a great site and has been a godsend to me!

I do have one other question though, what happens to my credit score as it was none payment of this account that tipped it over! Does my credit rating stay like that for several years?