Fredericks International calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I started to get calls from Fredricks International, first was an International call from someone who could hardly speak English. He asked for someone with a different name and insisted that his database had this person listed at this number ....wrong!

Since then I have had a couple of no message left calls on my answer machine at home. Then this morning had an automated call asking for my previous married name which I have not used for over 10 years. This automated call told me to call Fredrickson International and give a reference number.

I am not going to call them... ever!

I had several debts acquired from my previous marriage and divorce. These debts are from the 1990's.

I CCA'd them in 2008 and not one of them was able to produce an agreement.

So, I have not paid any of them since 2008.

They have surfaced periodically over the last four years, passed from one DCA to another and I have disposed of most of them quite easily. The latest CR report showed and Arrow Global search last year. Never heard anything from that.

Now Fredericksons are on the case.

They are calling asking for my old married name, so when they ask for that name, I am quite right in replying that person does not live at this address.

In spite of that they are still calling, what is the best way to deal with this please?

Hi jumpyjack. You're right not to speak to them. If FI are sure they'll write at some point.

Link to the letters library is here >>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?68-debt-collection-library

Mike

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Thanks Mike.

These calls are at random times and I am concerned as my husband of the last 10 years does n't know about this and I don't want him to know as this is an issue from my previous marriage.

as they are calling and asking for my previous married name this could cause major problems for me.

I am not too worried about them as CCA has never been produced and I think they are on thin ice and I can deal with it. But it seems to me that they are trying the harrassment route to intimidate me. They will not succeed with that.

is there any way to stop this?

Hi, Good advice not to phone.

Have you had anything in writting yet?

If not ignore the calls but if you do get

caught unawares do not answer any ''security Questions''

Just C;learly state that any contact must be in writting

then hang up.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Mike.

These calls are at random times and I am concerned as my husband of the last 10 years does n't know about this and I don't want him to know as this is an issue from my previous marriage.

as they are calling and asking for my previous married name this could cause major problems for me.

I am not too worried about them as CCA has never been produced and I think they are on thin ice and I can deal with it. But it seems to me that they are trying the harrassment route to intimidate me. They will not succeed with that.

is there any way to stop this?

By writing. But 'catch 22' as you can't write until they do so. Not sure how to stop your husband becoming aware as the level of calls could possibly increase. Remember, these loons get their results by pressuring you.

But, i've dealt with FI myself and they've always gone away eventually. Unfortunately, it's likely that the issue will be handed to the next in the line to come and have a bite at you so there's a chance that it'll come back.

Mike

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

No, I have not had anything in writing, yet. The calls just started last week. I do think it may be a phishing exercise as the first call was a name I have never heard of, then the next one was my old married name.

I will look into blocking calls but this might be a problem because they seem to use a different number everytime

I won't speak to them on the phone and I have. O intentions .of contacting them unless they write.

In the meantime I will just have to make sure I get to the phone before my husband does! Grrrrrrr!