Tower Credit t/a Prime Payday CCJ Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I recently discovered a CCJ on my credit file from July 2011.

I never received a default notice due to them having an old address and also they have said its £247.

The original loan amount was a lot lower than this.

I had forgotton about this debt

I got a bit worried when seeing this and completed the form to bypass the charge for filing the N244 and offered £1 a month that was accepted as I am on JSA.

After reading some peoples threads on here about fighting to get it set aside, I feel that as mine was done via Judgement by default as I was not aware of it can I pull out of my offer of £1 a month and fight to try and get it set aside and pay it in full if It means me selling some things on ebay :-).

I have read the thread called "Setting aside a CCJ"

"In order for an N245 to stand a good chance of success:

* You must demonstrate why you did not receive the original CCJ or summons. If possible, provide evidence of this. For example, if you were not resident at the address, provide a tenancy agreement demonstrating this.

* You must give good reason why you did not give your new address to the creditor (being unaware of the debt at the time and therefore seeing no need to do so seems to work)

* You must state what would have been different had you known about the debt (for example, you would have paid it or defended the claim)"

I want another chance at this CCJ to try and pay it off, but am gutted that with me and my partner having a lot going on with moving and our daughter coming along and the social services involved due to my partners mental health issues, and that leading to me loosing my job i was in for 4 and a half years it was and still in a very stressfull time. I was signed off work for two months beginning 23 march for stress and my employment was terminated on 23rd may 2011

Offer them a payment plan,

I had ccj with them and the court ordered me to pay but the aggreed to repayment plan and ive missed payments on it, ring them and keep in contact only pay what you can offered i owe them 300 2 years ago n im nearly done paying it

Can you clarify some details for me. The CCJ was granted in July 2011 is that correct? When did you find out about the CCJ? What have you done since finding out about the CCJ? The thread you read is correct and the judge will consider all of the facts mentioned in the thread, if you have not met any of the terms of setting a CCJ aside then the likelihood is the judge will not set it aside.

PLEASE HELP TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING Every pound donated to this site helps us to keep on helping others. Click Here to Donate