• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds Credit Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a credit card account with Lloyds TSB which I have had for a good many years and unfortunately due to financial circumstances have not paid the last couple of payments, ths collections department are constantly phoning ( no suprise there) so I just don't answer, but the frequency has just got my back up.

I had PPi on this which I put in a claim for ( only by their own phone option ) they have acknowledged this but are dragging their feet.

I have also put in a request for the CCA (in the hope that they can't find it etc.)

I don't have a problem with the fact that I owe them something but according to my calcs. it's less than half the present balance so can I put this account into dispute?

my objectives in this is are

first to try to prevent any more damage to my credit rating although not the end of the world.

second to get the correct figure that I owe and pay them less.

and third to just put things on hold a while untill my situation changes which it is doing slowly.

So is there any specific wording I need to include as I can't seem to find anything that fits this senario

or does anyone have different suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

LTSB do have a rather aggressive Collections department so it might be worth making an official complaint to their head office.

How old is the account - did you contact them when you first hit your financial hiccup and advise them of this fact - did you ask for some leeway in payments for a few months ?

When did you apply for the PPI refund and have you had a written acknowledgment of your complaint ? - did you back up this PPI refund request in writing, including the FOS complaint form and your own spread sheet ? If not, suggest you do .. refer to your telephone call.

I would also suggest that you do both a Subject Access request and a CCA request - you can find draft letters in the CAG library.

Your aim is to obtain as much information that they hold as you possibly can.. JIC they decide to turn nasty.

The CCA request should provide you with a copy of the agreement or reconstruction - terms and conditions applicable at both inception and any variations during the life of the account - plus a statement of account.

The SAR should provide you with everything they hold on your financial relationship with them. Plus a diary of events or communication log. This should identify the number/frequency of calls, or other communication between the both of you.

CCA request - they should comply within 12 working days + 2 for posting - It will cost you £1.00

SAR request - they should comply within 40 calendar days - it will cost you £10.00.

If they dont comply with the CCA request then they will still be permitted to harrass you by way of letter/telephone but they are unable to obtain a judgment against you whilst they dont comply with the s78 request.

If they dont comply with the SAR request you can either take your complaint to the FOS or issue a claim against THEM for non compliance.

Telephone harassment - there is a letter in the CAG library - it is your legal right to have them communicate in writing and to stop telephoning you.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CB,

The account was opened in 2001 and closed last year with a substancial balance still owing, had the choice of closing it and repaying or agreeing to an interest hike.

Stupidly i didn't make contact asking for assistance, was going through a bad patch and just burried my head I think, (possible bancruptcy, relationship problems, house issues. had the lot !!).

Applied for the PPI refund 2nd Feb so they have till the end of next week to be within the 8 weeks and they did give me written confirmation of the call, however not all the issues i raised were covered in the acknowledgement so I will do as you suggest and send in the complaint and spreadsheet, (already done to check their figures anyway)

Have already sent the CCA request, didn't consider the SAR as i have all the statements/letters that have been sent, but I will as a double check so thanks for that.

Results should be interesting as I have had accounts with them for around 30 years !

I will look into the phone harrassment, it's better to have a papertrail in the event of things going pear shaped.

Is it worth sending an account in dispute letter or does the above cover all bases?

Yes it does help thank you.

I think the only basis on which you have to put the account into dispute at the moment is the lack of account information. How much do I actually owe !! and if they arent going to tell you how the account stands at present and how they have come to that figure then I guess you could say you are in dispute.

I think however, that you didnt do yourself any favours by not advising the bank of your financial hiccup and at the very least you should have asked for some kind of arrangment.. whereon if they refused to accommodate this.. then you would have had a dispute :(

Paper trails are very important.. start one ..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thats the thing i was thinking of, How much do I owe?, in view of the PPI claim as far as I am concerned the amount of debt is incorrect.

Perhaps the thing i should do is go back to them very apologeticaly and ask for help, don't suppose I would be the first to do that and see where that goes?

Then put in a further claim for unfair charges!

Thats the thing i was thinking of, How much do I owe?, in view of the PPI claim as far as I am concerned the amount of debt is incorrect.

Perhaps the thing i should do is go back to them very apologeticaly and ask for help, don't suppose I would be the first to do that and see where that goes?

Then put in a further claim for unfair charges!

Sounds like a plan to me - Address your first letter to their Head office rather than the Collections Department - see how you get on. :)

BCOBS

It's a huge relief to start to take control of a bad situation knowing that the people at CAG want to help, other than this I am sure lot's of people, myself included, would be in a very bad place.

Hi guys, I put in a call to Lloyds TSB in Feb on their PPI line, gave them a quick outline of a couple of points as to why I thought the PPI was mis sold, ie. self employed and not aware it was optional.

To be honest I was unprepared for how they seemed to respond and make the process easy, so I let it ride and left it for them to deal with. I didn't send anything to them as regards the spreadsheet, complaint or questionaire. Live and learn time!!!!

So fast forward 8 weeks

Received today 26/3/12 complaint not upheld due to blah blah blah. Scans below.

Now I know that I wouldn't have asked for it as even back in 2001 I knew there was not much chance of making any claim but there it was anyway. Cancelled it in 2005 but only fairly recently found out I could reclaim.

Anyway on the letter dated 23/3/12 it says if they haven't heard from me by 22/3/12 they will consider the matter closed.

Obviously this is tosh but what would be my next move? I sent in a CCA request last week and hope to get a SAR in the post today, I have all my statements and loads of correspondance but no CCA to see if it was added by default.

Don't want to let this die as it's worth around 6k according to my calcs.

All help greatfully received.

ppi1 edited.jpg

ppi2 edited.jpg

ppi3 edited.jpg

If you were unemployed then the PPI was invalid as it would not have paid out.

Reply to them and tell them this and that you want it taken to the Ombudsman

Hi Guys, I have been looking at the various SAR letters and would be grateful of any comments on this variation before i send it off.

DSAR Unit

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC.

Customer Service Recovery

Charlton Place

Andover

SP10 1RE

Dear Sir/Madam

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST.

with reference to Credit Card account numbers:

But not limited to the above.

The Subject Access Request is not limited to 6 years of transaction history

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts, Current Accounts and Credit Cards

I require you to supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history, financial or otherwise, with your organization, INCLUDING ANY Loans, CreditCards or other accounts in any form, payment protection insurance and other products.

- Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or agreements is acceptable.

I also require you to provide the following for ALL accounts or agreements I have held with your organization:

- Full True Copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents and specific terms and conditions you hold in support of the same. For the avoidance of doubt I require copies of the ORIGINAL SIGNED CONTRACTS or if these are no longer in existance, a declaration to confirm this signed by an authorised officer of your company.

- Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including but not limited to copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

- Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email, telephone, or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial details or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable and below is a list of addresses used in the course of our business dealings.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I am willing to collect this information from my local (named) branch if necessary

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just had a hectic few weeks so only just got round to this, I have drafted a letter in reply to their reconstituted CCA reply and would be greatful of someone giviong it a once over.

I would really like to get sight of my agreement as I don't believe for a second that I would have asked for PPI on it, that was the reason for putting in my CCA request. They replied saying that the debt is fully enforceable and will not be entering into further corespondance.

The Recon seems to be incorrect as for starters it does not have my address at inception on it, i will be checking it very carefully soon.

So any comments on this letter appreciated.

Lloyds TSB

Customer Relations

Lloyds Banking Group

BN1 1 LT

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number

Following my request for a copy of my credit agreement dated 2012 ( a copy of which I enclose) Would you now please confirm clearly that you currently hold an Original Signed Consumer Credit Agreement ( Consumer Credit Act 1974) in relation to the above numbered account.

Please confirm in writing if you do not hold the requested agreement.

This request is made under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008.

I would like to point out for the avoidance of doubt that an Original Signed Consumer Credit Agreement is exactly that and NOT an application for credit or reconstructed agreement.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.

Please note, until such time as the Original Signed Consumer Credit Agreement is located I deem this account to be in dispute as to the amount said to be owing as shown on the statement of account and as such do not acknowledge this debt.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully

Yes, that looks ok, but TBH, I dont think that you will obtain a satisfactory response.

So you know for a fact that they have been charging PPI, because it is itemised on statements - yes?

Should they respond by saying that you DID ask for it, then they are going to have to come up with the proof that you did.

You have your mis selling argument which is quite valid - a) you would not have requested it and b) you were self employed at the time c) that as you had not requested it, you just assumed that it was mandatory when it appeared on your statements.

BCOBS

I have already put in a claim for PPI with them and they have rejected it, although not a final response so I will have another go, I went about it badlyby just phoneing their PPI line and saying I was self employed and was not aware the cover was optional. As I say they have rejected it.

I was thinking of writing out the FOS questionaire and starting again but not sure if that is something I could do so advice please.

I have all the statements from inception and almost every piece of paperwork ever sent to me. I cancelled the PPI in 2005 when I became aware it wasn't mandatory but have only recently found out about reclaiming so thats another point about mis selling.

I have already sent an SAR and wait for the results of that.

One question that you pose is How do I get them to prove that I asked for it? do I do as I suggest and now send the FOS CQ or is it too late?

You also say not to expect a favourable result, That I can believe but feel as though I need to do something as sitting on this and trying to deflect things for the next six years doesn't seem to be the best course of action.

I would start the process again, but correctly this time.

Complete your spread sheet - you will find these in the signatures of either ims21 or dx1008uk. Download and complete the FOS form. Short covering letter asking for your money back - keep copies JIC you do have to go to the Ombudsman.

If you do it this way and they refuse, then they are obliged to provide you with a final response in order for you to take your complaint to the Ombudsman.

As far as you are concerned, you have not asked for it. IMHO, they have to prove that you did - then then have to answer as to why you werent given sufficient information to make an informed decision. As there would have been certain exclusions due to your being self employed you would almost certainly have rejected it. What is the point of having something you cant claim on!!

You cancelled it once you were aware that it wasnt mandatory, but you were not aware until the recent media attention that you should have been given your money BACK.

HTH

BCOBS

Thanks, Yes that's more or less what I thought I would have to do just wasn't sure if it was "allowed" but after some of the drivel they have sent I suppose I shouldn't care.

This was my first attempt at claiming so got it superbly wrong, (followed a thread on here about an easy win with Cap 1 ) we live and learn.

I have had since four successes following the tried route and am waiting to hear from HFC on another, but this one has got messy.

One question about the spreadsheets, there seems to be 2 that are suggested, CISheet and FOSrunning, but can't seem to figure why the different ones are advised, any pointers on these please?

FosRunning is for a credit card where you have ALL of the statements including opening and closing balances

FosCi is a compound interest calculator, it compounds monthly but will not give as accurate a result as the running one and won't calculate the 8% either because it cannot reconstruct and account

ims

Thanks Ims, the thought of inputting data from the last 11 years isn't something I am looking forward to !!

:lol: It will keep you out of mischief for a couple of hours thats for sure!

BCOBS