Jump to content

need help urgently - threatened house sale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I brought a house during the better years, i had some difficulty during the credit crunch and couldnt pay the mortgage so moved out and rented the property.


Turned out i rented to people who didnt want to pay me the rent or any bills.


I fought tooth and nail to pay the mortgage working my full time day job and taking up a job in mcdonalds in the evening and security guard at night.


Iv just managed to get rid of them, and turns out they didnt pay the council tax.


The council came after me so i provided them all the agreements but they would not listen.


They put a charging order on the property and today told me they were selling the house.


I recieved no paperwork from them - despite my requests, nothing, and today when i was told they were putting the house up for sale i begged a friend to pay the debt 5k or so on his credit card which he did.


But now i have started to wonder how


1) They can say they have an order to sell the house without my knowledge - several court orders were obtained against me according to the council

2) Why i am liable for the council tax even though i never lived there.


I have requested all of the paperwork from the council but have not recieved it yet.


Any advice would be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you didnt live there and can proove that you didnt then you are not lible for the council tax. If they have put a charging order against your house then you should have had paperwork. i dont think they can sell your house as they dont have a mortgage on it and the charging order means that if you sell it they would have a call on the money to cover their debts. Only the court can make an order to sell your house and this is usually in the case of bankruptcy or mortgage arrears. Dont phone the council write to the council tax department and copy in the chief exec, keep copies of all correspondence. If the council really thought you were responsible they would have either got an attachment of earnings order against you, or sent the baliffs round this is their normal way of dealing with counci ltax arrears.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, I have experienced a charge on my property and as far as i know the house cannot be sold without the authority of the judge who allowed the charge to go on the house.

you can go back to the court where the charge was authorised and state your case to the judge and ask not to have the house sold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...