Fraud and applying for jobs

Samantha1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

About a year ago I was prosecuted for Benefit Fraud for which I received a fine. I am now looking for a new job and part of the monitoring form on the application asks if I have any unspent convictions. If I put yes they are bound to disregard my application surely. But if I say no and lie, I believe that is a criminal offence. Can I leave the section blank or is it best just to be truthful in the first instance.

PS: The job is an admin position

Many thanks

I think truthful is the way to go.

as a person who has had issues of recent, i know from my own experience that just because a person has a "criminal label" on them you shouldn't assume its because of certain things and you should try to understand why it happened and that its been sorted etc.

if you are on the path of re building a clean life then what ever you do don't lie, its the worst thing that can happen as you have already found out.

when filling in the form state the issues but also state that you are open to talk with them about the issues if this will help give them more confidence in your ability to work for them.

after all, in this economy and stressful times, people do get into a situation where they mentally and physically cant find to help themselves to get out of it, which at times results in getting caught and punished within a label.