pay day nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm looking for some help.

I have got into a right mess with Wonga and Swift Sterling - I originally borrowed a small amount to cover car repairs and this has gradually spiralled to £900 with wonga and £1200 with Swift and I have had to pay off the loans and borrow back leading to this cycle. But this month were at d day, were i'm going to struggle to pay both back and probably default.

I'm looking at what my options are and if anyone can offer some advice to get out of this nightmare.

I know this is my problem and its my my credit is shot to pieces anyhow hence why I had to go to these lenders in the first place, and its starting to affect my sleeping and i'm feeling down all the time.

Any help appreciated.

Bam

You say the debt has spiralled that high.

The first thing you need to do is cancel your debit card if that is how you have been paying them back. Tell your bank it is stolen. If they have your bank details, they WILL try and debit your account for random amounts anytime they like.

Then send a typed letter or email to each PDL and ask for a simple and complete breakdown off all charges. Keep a copy of the letter for your records.

Once you have the reply stating the FULL breakdown of charges, post it here. Then we can advise further.

Btw, with wonga, try emailing and saying you are in financial trouble and want to set up a pay schedule. Wonga have been known to be pretty relaxed with things like that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry just re-read my post, its spiralled in the sense I have had to pay off each mont and then re-borrow to pay for food, bills etc. it's just become out of control and the charges are what's killing me.

I have set up another account today with natwest and I will transfer my wages into that at midnight on pay day. But wonga have gone into my other halfs account and raided that too.

You need a FULL breakdown of all charges, so you know exactly what charges are legal and illegal, and which ones you are obliged to pay. Too many PDL's add random and inflated charges for no reason. Such as £100 for a doorstep visit (which is illegal) and then adding a administration charge to arrange a repayment scheme.

If they have gone into your partners account WITHOUT permission, go to your bank, demand a chargeback to your account as your money has been stolen. Then file a full complaint with the OFT and FOS, and the police. Make sure that wonga know about this too.

Only do that though if they didnt have your absolute permission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well my experience with Wanka is completely different. they tried to chatge me £10 for a statement of account, although I was in touch with them prior to defaulting according to them my £100 loan rose to over 330 within 3 months. That included 93 for passing to a DCA. Needless to say they can go swivel.

I have to say, not heard anything good about swift either.

How did wanka get you OH's account details? Sounds like a complaint in the making to me. Look at the sticky about the OFT investigation.

Report the buggers

If they never had permission to debit his partners account then it is theft and should be reported as such to the bank and police.

Thank you for the advice.

I think he added his card for me to make a payment to clear a debt earlier with the, so I didn't pick up more charges than necessary. But it looks like they stored the card and use it when they like now, he phone the bank the other month when random money started disappearing only for natwest to tell him it was wonga.

:(

If my card has expired and they don't know my new card numbers and he cancels his card can they still take money?

I agree that it is theft, but I was just trying to find out how they had the details.

If your card is expired and he cancels his card you should be ok but you may want to send a letter to your bank cancelling any continuos payment authority.

It does seem that wanka are acting true to form....riding rough shod over the law

Tis might not be relevant...but just checking are you legally partnered and is the account joint or two single accounts?

If its a visa card, then ask them to issue a chargeback as it is blatant theft, as you NEVER agreed to them using it. If you dont get anywhere with your bank manager, phone your banks fraud department and then contact your police. Dont play "what if" scenarios, just go to the bank and the police and let them deal with issuing a refund/prosecution.