Can bailiffs enter my property with police if...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...if I show police my id proving that I am not a named debtor?

If you are not the debtor, then on production of ID such as a driving licence and a utility bill with you named on it, the bailiff ignores it then cajoles the police into helping them gain entry, they are all guilty of offences including the police.

On production of ID proving you are NOT the debtor, they should withdraw. If they persist and sdo go in and levy, then it would be very serious for them.

For more assistance, and help from other Caggers later, could you tell us who the bailiffs are, and how they come to be knocking on your door. this issue is not as unusual as you may think. it is common where peole have moved as witnessed by advice on out of time applications to the TEC on council PCNs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I don't really fancy showing my ID just because they're bailiffs. I'd rather get them to get the police and only show my ID to the police just to non-verbally show them what I think of them.

I don't really fancy showing my ID just because they're bailiffs. I'd rather get them to get the police and only show my ID to the police just to non-verbally show them what I think of them.

In which case they will still think you are the debtor and threaten and bully you. Best film them when they call if that is your plan, but it would be better to show ID and not provoke them, the police may well take the bailiffs side, and arrest you. Yes it would end up with potential for a claim of wrongful arrest and unlawful detention, but a court would take a dim view of your actions, and may not give compensation, if you were the cause of your own problem by refusing to show ID to send the bailiff on his way

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You may not be the debtor, but the debtor might live there. The usual way out is to show the current Council Tax bill, which should list all occupants even if they are exempt from paying.

Not sure why you would want to have the police involved. If it were me I would assume the bailiff just has out of date info, isn't after me, but someone else, and just show them the council tax bill.

I agree with all that has been said ...why not simply show the CT bill and be done with it......bailiffs have already lost out by having to spend money on fuel to attend in the first place...if you want to keep a score board you are 1-0!!!!!!!!

WD

I agree with all that has been said ...why not simply show the CT bill and be done with it......bailiffs have already lost out by having to spend money on fuel to attend in the first place...if you want to keep a score board you are 1-0!!!!!!!!

WD

Precisely :-)

I have to agree with the above, better still email the bailiff company a copy of the CT bill and save the bother of a bailiff turning up. Unless a bailiff is expecting trouble from you the police will not get involved any way.