Car Crash - what to do now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you are awarded a payout as your car is a total loss is the insurance CANCELLED or PAUSED?

My car accident firm have said that following the engineers report the car is a total write off, i can buy it back for £600 and will cost £200 to repair.

Will my insurance increase when i come to renew and will it continue till it is finished (May 2012).

is there anything else i need to be aware of as it will be a CAT D damaged car.

also is it possible to find the insurer of the vehicle with a REG NO. only?

Regards

When you are awarded a payout as your car is a total loss is the insurance CANCELLED or PAUSED?

I was of the believe the insurance stopped when a car was a total loss, but I have read on a thread on CAG where someone stated their insurance company restarted their insurance against their replacement car.

My car accident firm have said that following the engineers report the car is a total write off, i can buy it back for £600 and will cost £200 to repair.

Will my insurance increase when i come to renew

generally yes, especially if it goes down as a "fault" claim

and will it continue till it is finished (May 2012).

probably. If you had paid it in one payment at the start I don't believe you get a refund, so consequently you will still have to pay the full year.

is there anything else i need to be aware of as it will be a CAT D damaged car.

also is it possible to find the insurer of the vehicle with a REG NO. only?

yes. if you have just cause, the DVLA will provide you with the name and address of the RK linked to that reg. Use a form V888

Regards