Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3179 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All, Great forum

I’m at my wits end. I am self-employed and in Jan 2011 I fell and broke a bone in my shoulder and after hospital visits, phyiso, cortisone injections, I am still in great pain and cannot work as it is my right arm, and I’m on the waiting list of a consultant I’m also being treated for chronic pain in my feet, ankles, hips and lower back, also I have been treated for depression and this last two and a half years for severe depression and suicidal thoughts and for trying to end my life, I think most of the depression is caused by my failure to be able to work at the job I love and not wanting my company (who I am in partnership with a friend) to go down the tubes, I used to live with my mother and father but in 2009 I lost my father who died with a heart attack and I was at home at the time and I had to work at him until the ambulance arrived, a couple of weeks after that I could no longer stay or sleep at my parents’ house and I have been sleeping on my two sisters settee’s and also my friends settee while he was on night shift, I have just been awarded a council flat but I have nothing, no furniture or bedding etc., I am in receipt of contribution based ESA, can I receive housing benefit or and help with furniture.

:???::???:

You can apply for HB and CTB from the council. There are charities around the country that sell second hand furniture, Southampton's Scratch for instance will fit out a 3 bed house with beds, tables and chairs, sofa etc for around £60. Have a google and see if there is such a thing near you.

You sure can. Housing benefit is based on income, not what benefits you claim.

Here's a handy link. I don't know how accurate it is at the moment as they may not have updated things with the new changes yet. But here it is anyway to keep handy in bookmarks or something...

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

You could also look on Freecycle website for your area. It's a website where people give away all kinds of things including furniture and household stuff, to get you started and you can also place wanted ads.

• Confused 1