Esa appeal

ELLTAYLOR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just joined today as I have recieved a letter that after my ESA assessmant i have been turned down for ESA wqith only 6 points I had a heart attack last year and part of my small intestine removed which has left me feacally incontinent and with a heart murmur I also have fibromyalgia in my neck and shoulder and 1 arm, my ESA client advisor told me at last interview that if i was turned down to appeal to a tribunal ... i have had physio this year and next week I have an appointed with my consultant at the surgery clinic about a futher op although i have had many tests this year and attended 2 hospitals i have rarely seen my GP who wrote an assessment for my claim ... I am going to appeal today my problem is and i hope someone can advise .. Does my esa automatically continue whilst i am waiting appeal I know by law until 2013 it is supposed to do so but how does it work have i to fill in forms etc get sick notes ??? I can never get through to my ESA office and theres a message to say dont be ringing with questions about ongoing claims ??? whats that all about .... I just need some one who has appealed to guide me through what i do next to keep getting benefit :|

Ok, dont panic.

Fill in the G24 and appeal.

You will have to send in sick notes when the existing one runs out and as you are appealing you will still receive the assessment rate of ESA as long as you send in sick notes.

I would recommend getting representation from the local CAB or Law Centre if you have one.

Get your appeal GL24 off as soon as possible and then you can submit any further evidence you have to strengthen your case as the DWP can reconsider your situation before it reaches appeal.

Do not give up hope, this happens all the time.

best wishes, Gordie

THANK YOU , do I still have to send sick notes if I have,nt been doing so for the last year or more ???

Yes you have to send in sick notes until the appeal is heard, you will be paid at the assessment rate or £67.50 per week whilst ever you are waiting for the appeal to be heard, a word of warning DWP dont always pay you this money automatically so would be worth giving them a call to say you wish to be paid at the assessment rate whilst appealing. Good Luck.

... I can never get through to my ESA office and theres a message to say dont be ringing with questions about ongoing claims ...

Just out of interest, are you certain you're calling the right number? I regularly call the DWP about my ESA claim and have never had a message stating the above. A while on hold listening to some dreadful music tho! The number I ring is for my local DWP BDC which is on all the correspondence they send ...