Ruthbridge

Wal62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received 2 letters from Ruhbridge DCA, asking someone to call. From looking at other threads they se like a nasty piece of work. I sent a CCA with a £ p/o which they have returned stating that they have requested the info from their client Cabot finance relating to Barclays from 14 years ago. I have never acknowledged or made a payment for over 6 years. Should I send a SB letter as over 6 years?

Can someone please help a v.worried Wal62

Yes try this:

The Compliance Manager

Ruthbridge

Date xxxxxx

Ref:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear sir or madam,

I write in responce to your lettter regarding a debt to XXXXXX

which yo allege is owed by me.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or

any company you may claim to represent.

Furthermore I have concluded from advice received that any such

alleged is STATUTE BARRED and I now state that I will not now

of in the future make any payment or offer of payment.

You will now cease to process and remove ALL records regarding

me from you records.

I am sure I do not have to remind you of the OFT Guidance on Debt

collection 2003/2011 and the sections regarding pursuing statute barred

debt and in particular the section regarding the sale of statute barred debt

without informing the purchaser of the ststus of the debt.

Send recorded delivery and use track and trace.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for your quick reply Brig. Yes they returned PO advising not required under S77 & S78. I have never acknowledged debt in last 6 years, I will send this letter RD. What if they write again? Thank you

This lot don't usually reply when they are informed

a debt is SB they seem to have a hissy fit and crawl

back under thei stone.:madgrin:

I have in the last 3 months seen more SB debt from

Ruthbridge than I did in all of last year.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi All

Well i just received letter from Ruthbridge, claiming i owed £2300 for a Barclaycard account over 14 years ago and at another address.

I just laughed at them down the phone when they said I needed to pay it and they also said they where not breaking the law / OFTs guidelines chasing the alleged debt.

I just reported them to the OFT, Trading Standards(Consumer Direct) also emailed Watchdog as they reported on them in 2009 for the same thing and sent an email to Vince cable, try and get them in as much sh*t as possible.

Just waiting now to see if they reply with my request to remove my details from their system and pay compensation, if not take the matter up with FOS.

Also at previous address, never had barclaycard

CAM

Have you notified them in writting that the debt is statute barred

and you will not be be paying if not do so, otherwise they are

at liberty to chase the debt.

This time Ruthbridge are not in the wrong but you are.

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

Yep i told them on the phone and in 2 emails and just finishing off the letter i'm writing before posting.

CAM

p.s can you explain how they are at liberty to chase if the alleged debt is over 14 years, and the law states that anything over 6 is statue barred.

In England and Wales the debt can be pursued although not through the courts until such times as you inform the pursuer that you won't be paying. Strange as this may seem. In Scotland the debt ceases to exist after 5 years.

What the OFT state

The OFT position with regard to the recovery of statute barred debt is:

a. we accept that the situation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is that statute barred debt still exists and is therefore recoverable. However, in Scotland, statute barred debt is 'extinguished' and is consequently no longer recoverable

where businesses seek to recover statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, we consider that the following may be unfair or improper practices: (i) pursuing the debt under circumstances in which the debtor has heard nothing from a creditor during the relevant limitation period.58 If a creditor has been in regular contact with a debtor before the debt is statute barred, then we do not consider it unfair to continue to attempt to recover the debt

Edited by Crocdoc