• Tweets

• Now I would like to turn to the ombudsman. I understand that you complaint to the ombudsman but I am not aware that you have told us what your complaint was about. Please will you post up here without any comment the letter that you sent to the ombudsman or the copy of the complaint you made the ombudsman. Secondly, please would you post up here without any comment the written decision that you received from the ombudsman. Maybe we can go forward from here.
    • I'm sorry to say but your story still makes very little sense to us. I've run this past the rest of the site team and I'm afraid that they tend to agree. We are going to try and do our best to help you but first of all we really do have to understand the story – and to begin with you should understand very thoroughly that we are no friends of Npower. I'm going to try and summarise what I understand of your case from the Npower letter which you have posted up yesterday. In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately. There was a balance of £1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time eventually you paid £500 so that the balance was £998.91 Npower suggested an instalment plan despite this you continue to pay instalments but at a lower rate than they wanted and no instalment plan was put into place this would mean that your account according to Npower was continuing to fall more seriously into arrears Npower put you into their collections department which means that they started adding charges you then claimed that the electricity metre was faulty Npower undertook to test the meter and Sue Npower's own fault there was a delay and this only occurred in October 2015 according to Npower, that his show that the meter was performing correctly Npower apparently have reversed at least some of the late payment charges which were applied to your account at February 2019, and power say that you owed them £2295.18 p you have pay them £140 so that the outstanding balance at 15 April was £2155.18 p   please will you tell me if you agree with the above summary and if there is anything that you disagree with, please would you very simply tell us which paragraph number you disagree with and why you disagree with it. Please keep it short. No narrative. You're hurting your own chances if you carry on with this extensive narrative. I'm very sorry to say this and I don't want to be hurtful to you.    
    • The earnings for free entitlements only means employment earnings and not the amount of benefits.   So if employment earnings are below the threshold, then send back proof of employment earnings.
    • One more stupid question - If I send the same FOC CQ to HSBC which contains all my bullet points of evidence, does this not give HSBC the 'heads up' regarding how to combat / argue the points I've made? And I send HSBC ALL the evidence too?
    • Hi Correct   I dont know if i am doing this correct by forum rules If not please advise thanks
  • Our picks

brycejones

just bought my car (v5 issues)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2712 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just bought my car today but ive just noticed the dealer didnt get me to sign the v5.

its actually the v5 from the previous owner but the yellow part is missing (presume hes sent it off)

but other then trying to contact the previous owner how can i send of to change it into my name?

help please.

The person selling the vehicle must complete section 6 'new keeper or new name/new address details' of the V5C. Both you and the seller need to sign the declaration in section 8.

It is the responsibility of the person selling the vehicle to send it in to DVLA. They should then hand you the V5C/2 section appropriately filled in.

so the seller should have a full v5 including the yellow part registered in his name?

i think the v5 i was given was in the previous owners name (before the garage)

should i just call the dealer?

No. If the yellow part is missing, that is correct as the previous RK sold it "into trade". So the previous RK completed the yellow section 9 and sent it to DVLA.

Now that you have bought it from the dealer, he should have completed the main section with your details and sent it to DVLA and given you the green section 10 only.

If it was me, I would just complete the details myself then send it off keeping the section 10 "new keeper" section.