OPOS DCA chasing mini credit loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i keep getting calls from opos a guy called mr christie (jamacian accent) keep telling me they are contacting my employer ( the MOD) i am in finance difficulty but i have offered them 15 pound a month to pay off my mini credit loan what was 200 pound when i took it they now want 953 ...

i have other debts than im trying to pay off totaling 5000 and i can only buget 120 per moth fo all of them.. i dont know what to do as opos say they will not accept a settlement they never reply to my letters..i have asked them to proove the debt is min and told them to contact me by letter the dont accept any of this..

can they call my employer ( i may loose my job)

he is a right nasty bloke

can some one please advise me what to do

mattboy

well they cant do that

against every guideline in the book

complain to the oft etc etc

and why are you even talking to these muppets at all on the phone?

never ever talk to a dca on the phone!

they have no legal powersa anyhow!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Read through this site and you will find your answers in many of the other queries here. Do not answer questions on the phone and just tell them to answer everything in writing. Also read about harassment rules on this site. Do not fall into the trap of being intimidated by these people and no they will not contact your employer. Research around this site and you will feel at ease and there are template letters to put these people in their place. (Unfortunately not always the place you would like to put them!)

God, i wish i could get a call off someone like this. I could have sooo much fun.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i have been quite rude with them ...as he call himself mr christie and is from the west indies i just imagine him sitting there in a running suit with a name badge saying linford

on a serious note i have seen the letter templated and used them. the still just send me the generic ones back with no payment plan details . i wont pay any way other than standing order as i hear they will try to over bill you on debit card etc

Keep sending them by recorded delivery. That way you have complete proof that you have tried to come to an arrangement and they are completely refusing to acknowledge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Jeez dont let these **** get hold of your debit card details. Whoaaaa. Would you give your card to some random caller asking you for money. Same thing. You dont know who the hell they are or impersonating. I told RMA that their letterhead looked like something I could do on my laptop - especially as it didnt even have its registered office number of VAT etc. Another trick they pull is to ring you and then ring off - especially as they clearly do not like ringing me in Greece and paying the bill!!

Maybe in another life they might like me to call them back. I have the numbers noted in the memory now anyways. Think they are all illiterate anyways as they can only push a button for computer generated letters. They are incapable of writing a letter.